Newbie from Ga with a question

66vip

Reaction score
First of all love the site! Second, I have a 1966 Fury VIP 2 door HT. I have a dent in the deck lid and found an almost perfect deck lid off of a 66 fury 4 door to put on. Are they interchangeable or is the 4-door lid shorter?

Thanks

Welcome to the site from the Motor City! 1 year later and I'd have guaranteed it to be the same but I can't say for sure about '66.

Thanks!! I've been a member on forabodiesonly for years (69 pro street dart) but I just acquired this VIP a month ago and eager to get her going.. I have a 2001 360 5.9 magnum motor I was going to drop in but I think I'm going to stick with the nostalgic 318 poly that's in it (it has the Weiand 4 barrel intake on it). I know it's a love/hate with this 318 but you don't see many of them and from what I understand it's hard to kill this motor..

Welcome to the site !!!!! Any Pictures ? !!!!! :munky2:

Trunk lid, front hood, front fenders, front & rear bumpers are all the same with the exception of the various dress up attachable trim and or emblems

Last edited:
Sorry for the delay.. I grabbed a lot of needed parts yesterday including the deck lid which did fit! It's a shame he wrecked this once beautiful 66 fury III 4 door. 23,k original miles and it showed.. Still a lot of parts left if anyone is interested.. Thanks again for all the help and steved033, I'm in cumming north of atlanta.

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/pts/4243221503.html

66 VIP. Nevada car, zero rust. Previous owner just rebuilt the 318 poly and painted it "Hulk" green :( Very solid car and everything is there..

It's a great start, she just needs some love..

image.jpg

image.jpg

I just picked a 66 four door Fury III for a lot of great parts and the deck lid fit perfect on my car. Thank you!!!! It's unfortunate that he wrecked this car.. It has 23,k on it and it shows..His car still has a lot of great parts left if anyone is interested..

Steved033, I'm north of Atlanta in cumming..

:sSig_greetingsthor: .......... :welcome:

Love the Fury. Looks like lots of potential there ..... colors .....?
f you decide to swap out that poly I would be VERY interested in te 4bbl intake for my 61 poly.
Will.

I have a 66 Fury and I LOVE my Poly! It's huge! It has adjustable lifters! I heard these polys were also called "semi Hemi's" because of the polyspherical design.

I just picked a 66 four door Fury III for a lot of great parts and the deck lid fit perfect on my car. Thank you!!!! It's unfortunate that he wrecked this car.. It has 23,k on it and it shows..His car still has a lot of great parts left if anyone is interested..

Steved033, I'm north of Atlanta in cumming..

Cool! I'm east in Lawrenceville. '68 fury III convertible. i'm just waiting for some nicer weather or I have to fix the heat in the car...

sjd

I didn't know they made a VIP 2-door. I learned to drive in a 66 VIP (4-door). I always liked that car!

Back