Newby Carsavior, West Monroe LA

Carsavior

Reaction score
Hi all. Just found this site looking for info to help with my 65 New Yorker. My first Mopar was a 69 Ply Fury, an ex Ark State Police car. Got it at auction for 200.00. This was in 1977. Put a new carb on it in the police garage and drove it home. Been swinging hammers at them ever since. Currently have the NY, a 70 Challenger RT convert, a 98 2500 pickup, a couple of VW projects, and a 57 Ford Wagon project. Try to get some pics up...

20131130_120116.jpg
hope this works...

20131130_120116.jpg

Welcome to the site from the Motor city! Nice collection, more pics would be great! And some more details...

20130804_091853.jpg
this was a 54000 mile car. Belonged to my sister. I got it a few years after she passed away. It had been under a tarp so it was pretty well trashed. Pulled the sub frame out and pretty much stripped it down to nothing. It has a 413 with 440 source alum heads, Edelbrock intake, rv cam, hi Po exhaust manifolds, and 2.5" exhaust. Found a stash of the original material for the interior. Also has front disc's and a dual master cylinder now. I painted it a white pearl, not from a book tho. All in all it turned out pretty good I think.

20130804_091853.jpg

That's a beautiful '65, sorry to hear about your sister but I bet shed love what you've done with it. Now a little more about the Challenger vert, I have a '71.

Cragar spokes on the NY. The Challenger hmm. Got this one in 1981. It is a true RT vert. Factory triple black with power windows and a luggage rack (not installed right now). It has a 451 stroker with a 5 speed transmission. 4 wheel disc brakes, front and rear sway bars, Corbeau seats. Built it for highway cruising. Been on three power tours. Hope to make one in the New Yorker one day.

Triple black with nice options, can't beat that! Was it a 383 or 440 originally? Have you ever registered it with a guy named Ola? He runs a convertible E-body registry and his database is really impressive. When you register he provides you with the updated lists which are very interesting.

It was a 383. From what I read somewhere years ago black was a rare color for a e-body. Definately not a rare color on the new Challengers tho. It has the stripe delete option. Oh, it is a non-air car. Why would anybody in thier right mind order a black car without air???

Don't know if it has been registered on any lists or not. Lemme know how to find the site and I'll check it out.

Back