Newport 1967 with lowrider hydraulics

CLOWN.CAR.SQUAD.PATCH.jpg

I have never minded hydraulics, but tend to think bags ride better. This could never bounce or freewheel without serious frame mods....but for ride height adjustment...not too bad.

One of the greatest bits of knowledge that I have acquired in life came from the California DMV Drivers manual. Back in the 70's when I went too L.A. and got a job that I thought would last awhile I decided that it was time to change my drivers license over. It wasn't anywhere close to expiring but we all know how most cops hate out of state'ers.
So at lunch time down to the downtown L.A. DMV I go... damn quite a line, doesn't look like I'll be able to get anything to eat but I may pull this off in a hour. So I get to the window and flick my license on the counter and ask to change it over like I have done in <ahem> many states before since I'm a adult over 21 years of age and not a 'Junior' driver.
The woman behind the window hands me a California Drivers Manual and tells me to study it and to call for a appointment to take a test when I have completely done studying it.
:wtf:
So I take it and start reading, learned/reminded that the double white line is never to be crossed, treat it as if it's a guard rail or jersey barrier with a added paragraph about taking U-Turns on the very wide city streets and crossing the double white lines with instruction to not do that and to drive around the blocks to get to your destination. It's well known that people making U-Turns are a major source of accidents <yawn>.
But then I got to the vehicle code part where in California it is illegal to have a car where the lowest part of the rocker panel can not be lower than the bottom of the wheel rim.
:realcrazy::realcrazy::realcrazy: :rolleyes:
That's it... done reading, I just pitched it to the side and figured I ain't going to exist in this state long and try to rely on the "I'm a tourist" attitude when I get pulled over to get out of a speeding ticket (Florida Style!) <didn't work>.

Next Cali lowrider wisdom story, skidplates & bargain lowriders, stay tuned!

:soapbox: :icon_fU::icon_fU::icon_fU: :mad:

Back