nice car....

yes, it has great patina.
I really like the condition. Unfortunatly I am not fancy on 59 Plymouths.
If this would be a 57 Chrysler or 57/58 Desoto I would be willing to buy it.

Carsten

Yeah, these Sport Furys are nice and harder to come by in an unmolested state. This one allegedly sold on ebay somewhere in the neighborhood of $11.5k a few weeks back. Apparently some jack wagon felt the urge to bid on something he knew he couldn't afford. Always makes me leery of ebay. Who's to say whatever you are bidding on isn't being driven up by an idiot who couldn't afford it anyway? I feel bad for the seller.

Provided there are indeed no rust issues, this could be a sweet pick for someone.

That's a really nice car but I absolutely love that house!

Remarkable in that it looks like that not even so much as a nut and a bolt needs to be tracked down.

I don't think that is a residential.
Looks more like a dentist's office.

Other than the dash tag, that appears to be aftermarket, how can you tell that this is a Sport Fury rather than a Fury?

Man that's cool

$_57.JPG

love the beach shot from the interior

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

That's a really nice car but I absolutely love that house!

Speaking of houses, I might call on you for some Expertise on Wood care for our vintage front doors and built in cabinets, just got some probs with getting the pics loaded from the camera. :BangHead:

Speaking of houses, I might call on you for some Expertise on Wood care for our vintage front doors and built in cabinets, just got some probs with getting the pics loaded from the camera. :BangHead:
Just say the word, refinishing is not one of my strongest suits but I'll help if I can.

Other than the dash tag, that appears to be aftermarket, how can you tell that this is a Sport Fury rather than a Fury?

I think the tags came from factory for special order cars. How to tell if it's a Sport Fury? The SF emblem near the rear fins, interior chrome package, toilet seat on trunk, dual side mirrors, and deluxe steering wheel. Basically it's a 2 door H/T, V8 and the interior/exterior trim is appropriate for a SF. The factory plate will decode as an SF I suspect.

I think the tags came from factory for special order cars. How to tell if it's a Sport Fury? The SF emblem near the rear fins, interior chrome package, toilet seat on trunk, dual side mirrors, and deluxe steering wheel. Basically it's a 2 door H/T, V8 and the interior/exterior trim is appropriate for a SF. The factory plate will decode as an SF I suspect.

Thank-you for that explanation.
Now that you mention it I can understand how the dash tag could be correct for a special order car in the 50's, because today if you order a new Chrysler product they print essentially the same thing on the top of the window sticker. We ordered a Jeep for my wife and she really liked that.

Thank-you for that explanation.
Now that you mention it I can understand how the dash tag could be correct for a special order car in the 50's, because today if you order a new Chrysler product they print essentially the same thing on the top of the window sticker. We ordered a Jeep for my wife and she really liked that.

Are you Col and Mrs J.G. Felber? grin.gif

grin.gif

the original owner... it turns out... was a Colonel in the Army and led a tank battalion that took the Rhine in France and Germany in WWII
Big whoopty do. A couragious soldier indeed, but WTF does that have ANYTHING to do with the car in any way, manner, or form?

generaly a soldier will look after his kit...would assume same of his transport....

Big whoopty do. A couragious soldier indeed, but WTF does that have ANYTHING to do with the car in any way, manner, or form?

If you mean the Fury well it's got a big plaque on the dash that says "Built Especially for Col and Mrs J.G. Felber"

Back