Nice job!

I rather drive a rusted out 4-door C-body with 318 than any Mustang

Carsten
You are being too harsh. I will give credit where it is due. Ford did an exceptional job on styling this car.
2016-ford-mustang_100549743_m.jpg

The first gen cars were terrible to drive. But they did look cool, especially the fastback versions.

They could go either way. A nice sedate 6cyl automatic for the girls. Or a K code 289 4 speed which was a handful to drive, would get rubber in the first three gears, would hardly stop and thanks to the bias tires could slide around curves.
They never were very fast or quick. But they offered the allusion of speed and power to the abundant low performance driver. And for not much money.

What is wrong with you?! I have known you how many years now, my friend, and I still don't have a clue?! :poke: :wideyed: :BangHead:

Says someone who doesn't like 1970 Coronets ;o))

Joke aside: I do not like Mustangs at all.
It is not because they are Fords (keep in mind I had a 70 Mercury Cyclone Spoiler Cobra jet for 5 years) but they are small and have european size. I do not like tiny cars. Everything under a typical mid size car is too small for me.

Carsten

Says someone who doesn't like 1970 Coronets ;o))

Joke aside: I do not like Mustangs at all.
It is not because they are Fords (keep in mind I had a 70 Mercury Cyclone Spoiler Cobra jet for 5 years) but they are small and have european size. I do not like tiny cars. Everything under a typical mid size car is too small for me.

Carsten

Now that makes sense. Why didn't you tell me that before? Now you need to tell me someday why you don't like modern cars at all, even the big ones? But I am sure you will like the self driving cars that are coming around 2021! :rofl:

BTW, that beak nose on the 1970 Coronet - nobody could love that! (Just kidding folks, we had one rant thread about this subject before!)

Now that makes sense. Why didn't you tell me that before? Now you need to tell me someday why you don't like modern cars at all, even the big ones? But I am sure you will like the self driving cars that are coming around 2021! :rofl:

BTW, that beak nose on the 1970 Coronet - nobody could love that! (Just kidding folks, we had one rant thread about this subject before!)

I don't like small cars and I don't like modern cars.
The size is important but not the only thing that matters........

Despite for a period of 5 years (2005-2010) I never owned a vehicle younger than 1972.
I hope it stays that way for a long time

Carsten

I'd go for a '68 fastback but this one is a looker with that color combo.
Not their finest hour perhaps... But as a kid I was absolutely floored by these... If I had the choice I would probably want some really loud unusual color...
1970-Shelby-GT500-Convertible.jpg

Of course anything worth more than my house I would have to flip...

Back