Nice job!

saforwardlook

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
A few years ago I sold one of my low mileage, rust-free convertibles that needed general restoration to a very good friend of mine in Finland. He just sent me a photo of the finished product. As is usual with many in Finland, I believe he did an outstanding job. And the guys over there whom I have sold a lot of cars to almost always keep me updated with their restoration efforts and their participation in car shows. I really appreciate that.

Kents 300 convertible.jpg

Last edited:
A real stunner! Thanks for sharing it with us.

Gorgeous work. Nice sell, man. One always hopes they go to a person this committed.

Thanks guys for all the positive comments on the red 300 convertible!

I also very recently received a couple photos of my former 1969 Mustang that I sold to another friend in Finland a couple years ago after he just completed it as well. It was nice to begin with but again needed some restoration and he also did nice work. It had no rust either. Also turned out very nice too. Many of the guys I know over there are farmers and they work on their cars in the winter when it is very dark and cold in that part of the world. And they are always really great to deal with. While I really liked the Mustang, I felt I needed to focus on my mopars that I prefer, although this one was pretty desirable too. I am very glad he got the car.

1969 Mustang Restored Finland.JPG
1969 Mustang Restored Finland #2 (1).jpg

To get work like that done, it just might be worth it to pay the shipping cost's over there and back.

If you could afford to pay for and ship a car from Europe to your door surely you could afford to have this European car restored by a very reputable restorer in the USA.
Just saying.

Thanks guys for all the positive comments on the red 300 convertible!

I also very recently received a couple photos of my former 1969 Mustang that I sold to another friend in Finland a couple years ago after he just completed it as well. It was nice to begin with but again needed some restoration and he also did nice work. It had no rust either. Also turned out very nice too. Many of the guys I know over there are farmers and they work on their cars in the winter when it is very dark and cold in that part of the world. And they are always really great to deal with. While I really liked the Mustang, I felt I needed to focus on my mopars that I prefer, although this one was pretty desirable too. I am very glad he got the car.

View attachment 89925 View attachment 89926
If I had to drive a Mustang, that would be a real contender...

If you could afford to pay for and ship a car from Europe to your door surely you could afford to have this European car restored by a very reputable restorer in the USA.
Just saying.
That was meant as a compliment to the quality of work that was done.

I rather drive a rusted out 4-door C-body with 318 than any Mustang

Carsten

I've got a soft spot for the early, (1st gen), Mustangs. Fastback or convertible. They weren't very good cars, but they sure were fun.

I've got a soft spot for the early, (1st gen), Mustangs. Fastback or convertible. They weren't very good cars, but they sure were fun.

The first gen cars were terrible to drive. A friend of mine had a pony model with the buckets, dual tips and power disc brakes. I felt like I was sitting on the floor, it had the 289 V8 and ran like a dog, terrible handling and if it had power brakes (it did), it was impossible to tell since I had to stand on the brake to get it to stop at even a coasting slow stop. But they did look cool, especially the fastback versions.

Back