Nick's Hoard

So, you're saying "pay $1000 per car" for parts that might be worth $500 on a "good" day? Plus the cost of time and transportation after purchase?

Nah, I'm thinkin' I'll just pass, I'm not that hard up. But thanks anyway and good luck with saving any of that. :confused:

Those poor cars. As an E body owner, I hate to see them that way. I would agree that $500 per car would be tops. Some are not worth that. The owner wants to keep that Barracuda. Why?

They could've made a bit of money had they bothered to store the cars in a building, most will probably get crushed.

I'm thinking at one time this "yard" may have been a marsh area. So WHERE do the snakes live? LOL

It's cold in Florida so the snakes aren't out at the moment. They have only found a few in the last few weeks. They were small babies.

The folks want to keep the cuda because it's a cuda. Same with the chally's. I have seen worse brought back, but not 72's.
Funny, the guy who wants to put the polara back on the road says that the cuda should get the same treatment. I don't think it's really that rebuildable since the top was smashed and it tweeked literally every piece of metal on the car. Again, hemi cuda, or a V code, yeah, possibly fixable.

Everything is covered in the florida algae, or mold, or grime, whatever that green and black stuff is. It does clean off. There are good plastic parts on these cars due to the sun never making it through to cook the plastic parts. all the metal though, well it's rough.

Some trim held up ok, some of it has corroded.

Also, the owner is a New Yorker, so rust is just inherent in both Florida and New York. Doesn't scare them that much.

Who's scared of a few snakes anyway? Just kick em out the way.

It is hard to tell the cars from the compost.
It's funny like that because there are piles of parts. And I mean piles and piles. They uncover a pile and stuff comes out of it. That one shelf with the parts on it was from a pile. I stood on piles of parts but could not tell what the parts were. Very unfortunate. I literally watched as a pile was excavated and it had little parts for e bodies and other stuff. Still good parts, but the care takers can only pick up so many parts so a bunch of the ground stuff will go to the dump or get burned up.

You could buy a cuda project car and it would be cheaper than trying to do anything with the one they have. I think it is wishful thinking. From the looks of it you would have to take it away in pieces. It does look like some of the large cars could be restored.

It's cold in Florida so the snakes aren't out at the moment. They have only found a few in the last few weeks. They were small babies.

The folks want to keep the cuda because it's a cuda. Same with the chally's. I have seen worse brought back, but not 72's.
Funny, the guy who wants to put the polara back on the road says that the cuda should get the same treatment. I don't think it's really that rebuildable since the top was smashed and it tweeked literally every piece of metal on the car. Again, hemi cuda, or a V code, yeah, possibly fixable.
IMHO the cars are all pretty much dead.
None of the e-bodies can be saved. There is no difference if they were Hemi&440+6 (R-&V-code) cars. The only parts that would live on in a rebody would be the VIN, fender tag, body numbers and a few bits and pieces.

Snakes and spiders would scare me to death.
And have in the past in my Florida trips.

I am not used to dangerous animals in germany

Carsten

Nice job and effort cuda hunter. These cars are toast. Why even think about stating with 1 of these cars, to build or restore? Why not find and start with a better car? Not sure how many parts are still salvageable. In that environment, the condition of any part is questionable. Only stainless steel parts will survive. These cars were "left to rot" and that is exactly what has happened. What a shame. I do not see any cars or parts worth 500.00. At best, pull the easy to remove small trim stuff and scrap the rest of the car. But that takes a lot of time and effort. Thanks cuda hunter , it was a cool post.

I'm curious, in the pictures of the first car you listed, is that rust covering the Polara's body or mold? It almost looks like a lot of it would wash off. If that is the case, it might not be that bad. Still, the more I look at them I have to agree that most are worthless except for maybe a few small parts. You did a nice job listing everything and I hope they get something out of all those vehicles.

I visited a yard West of Jacksonville, every car had melted into the ground/ swamp. Most all of the under bodies where toast, by observation these seem the same, it's to bad.

That Florida sand and swamp are terrible to the cars. I'm surprised how high the sand has raised inside the cars. Some look like a foot of sand.

Then that gold imperial doesn't look tooo terrible.

Everything is covered in the florida algae, or mold, or grime, whatever that green and black stuff is. It does clean off. There are good plastic parts on these cars due to the sun never making it through to cook the plastic parts. all the metal though, well it's rough.

Some trim held up ok, some of it has corroded.

Also, the owner is a New Yorker, so rust is just inherent in both Florida and New York. Doesn't scare them that much.
That's a 73 Cuda.. Shame to see all those C-body tilt columns going to waste as some of those tilt column parts are also B-body..

Back