No running lights or Dash

MoparGabe

Reaction score
1972 fury getting no power to B2 on the headlight switch and no power to the tail/ instrument on the fuse panel ether. I tried looking at the electrical diagram but got little confused. dose power go to the headlight switch then the fuse box or the other ways?

Check for 12 at the fuse box. There should be a bank of fuses that are constant 12v and then a bank that is 12v switched power. If you don’t have power at the fuse box check the bulkhead connection and the path to the battery.

Check for 12 at the fuse box. There should be a bank of fuses that are constant 12v and then a bank that is 12v switched power. If you don’t have power at the fuse box check the bulkhead connection and the path to the battery.
already checked fuse box tail fuse got nothing guess ill try and trace it back.

1972 fury getting no power to B2 on the headlight switch and no power to the tail/ instrument on the fuse panel ether. I tried looking at the electrical diagram but got little confused. dose power go to the headlight switch then the fuse box or the other ways?
Power goes from fuse block to switch.
already checked fuse box tail fuse got nothing guess ill try and trace it back.
If there's no power at the fuse block, things like your horn and headlights won't work. They all share a common feed that is on at all times. Check for power at the end of the fuse that is towards the center of the fuse block to see if there's power. In fact, that side of the fuse block (if that makes sense) is always on, so you can check for power at the same point on all the fuses.

As I said, if you aren't getting power there, none of that stuff that works without the key on, including the dome light for another example, will work.

Looking at the wiring diagram, the tail light fuse is shared by the cigar lighter. Does that work?

I know this sounds too simple, but since you didn't say, did you check the fuse?

All
Power goes from fuse block to switch.

If there's no power at the fuse block, things like your horn and headlights won't work. They all share a common feed that is on at all times. Check for power at the end of the fuse that is towards the center of the fuse block to see if there's power. In fact, that side of the fuse block (if that makes sense) is always on, so you can check for power at the same point on all the fuses.

As I said, if you aren't getting power there, none of that stuff that works without the key on, including the dome light for another example, will work.

Looking at the wiring diagram, the tail light fuse is shared by the cigar lighter. Does that work?

I know this sounds too simple, but since you didn't say, did you check the fuse?
all fuses work except tail light fuse. The fuse is good two. Even checked behind the box no power coming in for that one circuit

Back