NOS GT exhaust tips

Exhaust tips were not part of or included on the 1970 300/H A12 package.

Dealers may have installed some, but unless it’s documented......

They do look good on a 300/H

Last edited:
The tips also required unique tail pipes over the typical turn downs found on C-bodies. If the factory intended on using these tips on the 300s they would have had to also make tailpipes for them. At that point they would have just installed them at the factory rather than ship the tips out in the trunk for a dealer to hack & weld the assembly line exhaust system to make them work.

A lot of 300 Hurst factory info here:

Mopar Fuselage Styled Full Size Cars

70chr_hurst_12b.jpg

70chr_hurst_17b.jpg

70chr_hurst_08b.jpg

Not a single mention of the tips anywhere.

On the other hand, right from the 1970 Fury dealer books it lists them as standard equipment "Bright exhaust tips" on the SFGT

70_Fury0018.jpg

Exhaust tips were not part of or included on the 1970 300/H A12 package.

Dealers may have installed some, but unless it’s documented......

They do look good on a 300/H
Yea, they just look like they should have been there to start with. It's easy to see is why people figure they were part of the package.

If I had a 300-H, and a reproduction set, they would be on the car... No question.

As far as I am concerned, that is the score of Carlisle. Best thing I have seen purchased there so far.
And I got a heater delete plate that I've been trying to find for about 15 years.
Those tips are awesome!

Cuda Hunter - your PM is full - but I do know if you're looking for an NOS heater delete plate for a 71 E Body I know that Great Lakes does have one for sale and it's not broken or messed up at all. I saw it at Carlisle and I'm sure it's gonna cost a mint - but find another perfect one too......... Good Luck!!!!!!!!

I have one space now.

I was hoping as I was reading your reply that you were about to tell me where a set of those exhaust tips were....

Thanks though, heater delete is pretty cool.

The heater delete plate on ebodies were only available in Hawaii or export orders. As I am to understand it. I am no book guru so there could be USA examples.
The car was parted out in Massachusetts .
I've heard tale that some "race" ordered cars did receive the heater delete plate.
I had a chance at one for about 400 bucks but the tabs on the rear were melted down at the factory. They would either use clips to hold them on or they would melt the tabs.
The one I found is perfect and was on a cyclops style speedo car.
I just really like hard to find odd ball options.
In 20 years of being into Mopars and cars in general I have one heater block off plate and one radio block off plate.
I love odd, rare parts to. Even if I dont have the vehicle for them.

Let me ask you though, for cars that came factory equipped with No heater, what did Ma do about the Heater line nipples on the intake and Water pump and the holes in the firewall for the heater box?

There is a heater block off plate for the heater box. I don't have pictures of this piece. I've seen it a few times but did not save the pics. Foolish of me.
I believe there were just caps on the intake and manifold.
I'll ask the ebody guru's and see if I can get pics of such items.
Currently, my drag car has a heater and really does not need it. I might very well convert it to no heater box just to shed a few pounds on the track.
Since I have the part.

There is a heater block off plate for the heater box. I don't have pictures of this piece. I've seen it a few times but did not save the pics. Foolish of me.
I believe there were just caps on the intake and manifold.
I'll ask the ebody guru's and see if I can get pics of such items.
Currently, my drag car has a heater and really does not need it. I might very well convert it to no heater box just to shed a few pounds on the track.
Since I have the part.
I have seen guys cap the Heater nipples on the engine but they dont seem to hold well under high pressure using rubber plugs, so they plug them u using steel plugs. I'm just curious what Ma's answer was for this. Same with the holes in the firewall.

View attachment 102991
Here is a promo picture of a '71 Sport Fury GT that I bought years ago at Mopar Nationals. Note the tailpipes. As I grew up with these cars, this is how I remember all Dodge/Plymouth C body squads and any HP C body during 1970-1973 running these style exhaust tips
Do you still own this? What color is it?

Back