Not 1978 Newport brake pads.

Airstream

Reaction score
Hi Guys.
Just been working on my brakes today went to fit the pads and F%$K me no way these are right. about 1" to small.
so pull the old ones off the parts car
Can any tell me what they are off. here a pic of my old one and the new ones.
Thanks.
plus my new bumper that just got fitted. shiney and new Hmmmmmmm.
ZZZZ1.jpgBUMPER 1.jpg

ZZZZ1.jpg

BUMPER 1.jpg

The pads you have are for an F,M, J, or R body car. Chrysler used the same brake design, just smaller for those smaller cars. As you mentioned the C body pads, calipers were were just larger.

The bumper looks great.

Where did you get the pads from? Maybe they can cross reference a few part numbers for you or even get these brake pads for you.

Advance Auto Parts = Wagner Thermoquiet Brake Pads PN# MX269

NAPA = Brake Pads UltraPremium OE Semimetallic PN# UP7019M

Good luck, let us know what solved your problem.

That bumper looks great. I see you also have one of those hood ornaments with the missing shield. Good thing otherwise Bob would be trying to snag it.

Where did you get the pads from? Maybe they can cross reference a few part numbers for you or even get these brake pads for you.

Advance Auto Parts = Wagner Thermoquiet Brake Pads PN# MX269

NAPA = Brake Pads UltraPremium OE Semimetallic PN# UP7019M

Good luck, let us know what solved your problem.
Thanks for that. i have order new ones.

That bumper looks great. I see you also have one of those hood ornaments with the missing shield. Good thing otherwise Bob would be trying to snag it.
hi. no the shield is not missing if it all there but the red has faded away.
any idea how it come apart ?

Hi Guys.
Just to let you know the bumper cost $3100nzd to get rechromed. lucky i wasn't paying for it. lol

don't know if a posted a pic of my parts car. here goes.
ZZZZ2.jpgZZZZ3.jpg

ZZZZ2.jpg

ZZZZ3.jpg

I'm going to try and find a 1974/1975 Imperial hood ornament. Nothing can fall off that hood ornament.

Thanks Stan.

I think this one is aftermarket. The "V" angle on the bottom won't seat properly on the hood. The factory hood ornament has a single 3/4" speed nut that holds the ornament on from the bottom. This one requires drilling holes in the hood.

Well, that 1st one won't work at all. The 2nd one will work.

Back