Not a C Body 66 Cuda for Sale (Not Mine)

Dan Scully

Reaction score
Took a look, just because it looked nice. I ,ll call it a nice survivor with one repaint.

1966 Plymouth Barracuda 273 V8 "Commando" - an American classic -...

00o0o_2ElOFW57KEOz_0Cz0t2_600x450.jpg

"I'm a new dad and need a car seat equipped dad mobile"
Next rugrat he will be wishing he had the car back, and tossing both of them in the back on seatbelt strapped in boosters.
New parents are fun to watch.
No way I would sell a car to buy a **** box to haul a kid around.

Yeah, the guy in the modern car survived.

I love cuda's. I have a hard time with the valiant barracuda's. First gen's.
Way more of a fan of the dart's in those first gen years, 64-66.

That is definitely a good deal on that car in the current market.
And the car looks to be in great condition!

1966 Plymouth Barracuda 273 V8 "Commando" - an American classic - $11,850​

Selling my 1966 Plymouth Barracuda with rebuilt orig "Commando" 273 V8 4-bbl. Fastback coupe with the iconic bubble glass. I really don’t want to part with this beauty, favorite classic I’ve ever owned… but I’m a new father that needs a car seat equipped dad-mobile.

I bought the car up in Northern Calif. in 2013 as my low-mileage-per-year daily driver. Had the engine rebuilt in 2017 to the same orig specs. This car only has 109,672 miles on it, and only under 7,000 miles on the rebuild! It's not showroom perfect by any means... but it is an amazing daily driver and head-turner with street appeal. Or with a little extra TLC can transform into something truly special. You've always wanted a car named after a fish, with teeth!

- "Commando" 273 small block V8 (more aggressive cam, 10.5:1 compression)
- Under 7,000 miles on the engine rebuild
- 4 barrel carburetor
- Dual exhaust
- Drives and SOUNDS incredible
- Original automatic TorqueFlite transmission
- Mopar rallye wheels, but can include original hubcaps
- Original drum brakes all around, serviced this month
- Fresh oil change
- Fresh fluids
- Ready to drive away

- paint is overall in pretty good shape, except only the trunk door has just recently started to check and peel (see pics)
- also a ding/scratch by the passenger tail light (see pic)
- always a California car so rust free!
- no chips in the windshield or that iconic bubble back glass. all glass intact.
- all original interior & carpet
- some torn vinyl in seats from use, esp driver's seat (see pics)

asking $11,850 OBO

Here is one reason:

Never been afraid to have my kid in a old car. All the BS they have on these new cars to fix the average person's inadequacies in reading traffic, weather, road conditions, and piss poor driving habits is no excuse to think your kids are going to be safe because your in a Subaru instead of a '66 Barracuda. Riding high up in a truck I see people every day scrolling on their phones at 60 mph, and a kid in the back seat. It's not the cars fault your a crappy driver. Yes circumstances happen beyond your control. In the accident in that video, transposed into real world which driver do you think is more likely to have caused that accident, assuming no weather or mechanical breakage? The person driving their pride and joy, or the person driving the $269/month leased **** box?
I get that newer cars are much safer when it all goes wrong. It's just not for me.
That's seems to be a great little car. Hope it finds a owner that respects and cares for it. Instead of the lame *** that is worried about safety and still riding on the single pot master cylinder.

That's seems to be a great little car. Hope it finds a owner that respects and cares for it.
Agreed!

I get that newer cars are much safer when it all goes wrong. It's just not for me.
Instead of the lame *** that is worried about safety and still riding on the single pot master cylinder.
The current owner, per his ad, has taken good care of this classic for 9 years. Now, he´s got a kid, does not have the resources to keep two cars, and wants a safer car (as you and I agree the new car will be when crap happens) to carry said kid daily. With all due respect, this sounds like someone who has his priorities straight, not a ‘lame ***.´

The current owner, per his ad, has taken good care of this classic for 9 years. Now, he´s got a kid, does not have the resources to keep two cars, and wants a safer car (as you and I agree the new car will be when crap happens) to carry said kid daily. With all due respect, this sounds like
Worrying about safety is lame. Practice, and observe safety, when it becomes consuming (like having to think about it) is when it will get you in trouble.
Thinking about a safer car to prevent your child from injury is consuming and will most likely lead to a letting of your guard down when you get said car, which increases your chances at a accident, IMO. I'm sure the guy is not a "lame ***" after all he bought a Plymouth and not a Chevy. Should not have the kid if it means you have to give up the car.
Guess it just means he is not a true car guy, I stand corrected.

Back