For Sale Not Mine 18K Mile 75 Imperial LeBaron Crown Coupe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pictures won't be up forever, so here are a couple, I love the background in the one.
Screenshot_20201014_174628_com.android.chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20201014_174741_com.android.chrome.jpg

Here are the pictures that I saved:

75-172214-YM23T5C172214-fendertag.jpg

75-172214-YM23T5C172214-windowsticker.png

Sales codes A14 "Imperial Accessory Group" and V4A "Crown Coupe Package" were new to me.

To anybody interested: This car (1975 Imperial) is now being offered on Facebook Marketplace for $59,000!! A dealer listing it is in Sloan, Nevada. The dealer is "Moody's Auto Collection". Start Bidding!

To anybody interested: This car (1975 Imperial) is now being offered on Facebook Marketplace for $59,000!! A dealer listing it is in Sloan, Nevada. The dealer is "Moody's Auto Collection". Start Bidding!
I don't see it selling for that amount. That dealer is just throwing it out there to see if he finds the right *** for that seat.:realcrazy:...but then again

Well, he paid $34 Grand for it....I think he's got an uphill climb! When you have that kind of $$, I guess it doesn't matter!

The Nevada dealer who purchased it for $34k last week now wants $60k:
I don't know how to get a facebook link to work here, so I'll just post most of it:
facebook.com/marketplace/item/3176091072501310/

upload_2020-10-29_15-11-4.png

Headlite doors down,That's worth 10 grand right there ! LOL

That's certainly a well equipped car. Was there anything not installed on it?

Must have every option???
No sunroof. Imperials came pretty loaded in 75. Not much to add to them.

What this car has that it could do without...N95 California emissions.

AKA- this thing is a dog. That 440 is choked to death.

Sorry, but the federal models were no better - they were all pathetic dogs. I was working for Chrysler at the time and it was part of my job to evaluate driveability of the cars in that era. Lean Burn was a disaster across the board.

I agree. I had 4 of these cars. The one with California emissions was the slowest of them all.
Plus the 75 doesn't have lean burn.

Sorry, but the federal models were no better - they were all pathetic dogs. I was working for Chrysler at the time and it was part of my job to evaluate driveability of the cars in that era. Lean Burn was a disaster across the board.
My comment has nothing to do with LB as this is a 75 440 and LB was a 400 thing initially. Can't speak to "Federal" models as my experience is with Canadian spec cars vs Cali emissions.
I drove my 74 Imperial in convoy with my friend up from the States who had a Cali emissions 75 Imperial and it was no contest...he could barely keep up with me and I was not horsing it. (Canadian car, N92 emissions meaning nothing other than Charcoal canister and OSAC valve. Formals in Canada even had a decal blocking off the "Unleaded Fuel Only" by the fuel gauge and no decals by the fuel door- Cdn spec cars got cats starting in 79- the R bodies).
Stock, smog era, low compression, 440 to 440- only difference was his N95 and the difference was very evident.
Both cars were in good tune.

My comment has nothing to do with LB as this is a 75 440 and LB was a 400 thing initially. Can't speak to "Federal" models as my experience is with Canadian spec cars vs Cali emissions.
I drove my 74 Imperial in convoy with my friend up from the States who had a Cali emissions 75 Imperial and it was no contest...he could barely keep up with me and I was not horsing it. (Canadian car, N92 emissions meaning nothing other than Charcoal canister and OSAC valve. Formals in Canada even had a decal blocking off the "Unleaded Fuel Only" by the fuel gauge and no decals by the fuel door- Cdn spec cars got cats starting in 79- the R bodies).
Stock, smog era, low compression, 440 to 440- only difference was his N95 and the difference was very evident.
I agree. I had 4 of these cars. The one with California emissions was the slowest of them all.
Plus the 75 doesn't have lean burn.

All I am saying is that your comparison would have probably still been the case even with a Federal calibration 440 which was also lean burn although it might not have had the electronic spark control computer on the side of the air cleaner. When catalysts were required to meet emission standards beginning in 1975 all all the U.S. calibrations were made lean, a big mistake.

If Chrysler had known what GM did out the gate in 1975, they could have made the U.S. calibrations rich and taken advantage of the catalyst for the clean up, but the Chrysler guys had no clue how to use a catalyst. GM guys did because they helped develop the catalytic converter and already knew how to use it in 1975. Ford was behind the learning curve too. GM cleaned up and Chrysler went bankrupt in 1980 due to "lean burn" in large part. The Canadian guys had a big advantage over the U.S. spec cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back