NOT MINE Not Mine. 1965 Dodge Monaco - 6,500

NEPA Mike

Reaction score
On Craigslist. "1965 Dodge Monaco. Excellent Body, great drive train. Needs interior. 413 engine, 727 transmission."

For Sale - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle automotive sale

Polara.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a 65 Monaco . . .

Also, FWIW, the only two vinyl roof colors available that year were black or white . . .

It's a 65 Monaco . . .

Also, FWIW, the only two vinyl roof colors available that year were black or white . . .
I THOUGHT I saw the Monaco script........if the rest of the car is as nice as these few photos look "from here," this may be a good deal........

The interior is 1 year only Monaco specific interior with full length center console.
Nobody repops the interior bits like the basket weave/bamboo appointments.
Car may be priced reasonably but that interior can be 40% more. Not cheap.

Nobody repops the interior bits like the basket weave/bamboo appointments.
There's a thread somewhere around here that has a link(s) to a site that has multiple patterns. I want to say I found one that was similar to the stock pattern.

I actually think you can find that wicker material in some of the hobby stores, or specialty stores that cater to furniture builders (or probably online somewhere). But, yes, all of the upholstery/interior door panels are one-year-only Monaco specific. Legendary doesn't repop ANY of it (except for the bucket seat foam, and some carpet trim). ABC repops the console lid, but good luck finding the rear section of the console (I did see one online for over $600!). And I hope the chrome fender-top moldings are included - they're almost impossible to find . . .

Quick google search shows that this wicker is readily available for furniture restoration, as "Close Weave Cane Webbing" (or similar wording) . . .

I saw a complete console for this car at Hershey in September. I was going to buy it for a spare. I probably should have. The chrome on the console lid and around the rear ashtray is specific to a Monaco and a Chrysler 300.

65 Canadian Monaco and US Monaco were same model, BUT Canadian one used a Sport Fury dash and interior. So, they're easy to identify. Also, available engines were different. US was 383, 413, 426W - all 4bbl. Could get small block V8 in Canadian (and maybe even 6). No 426W for Canadian, instead they got the hi-po 413, same as was used on the 300-L.

Back