NOT MINE Not Mine - 1967 Dodge Polara

Fender tags also show differences between Canuckian and American Dodges for 1967.
Grace tag top line under "w" shows 6..built to Canadian specs.
Second fender tag, under the "w" is 8..built to U S. Specs.
Both cars built at the Windsor, Ontario assembly plant.
Huge thank you to Doug Hammer for pointing this out.
Doug has worked with Barry Washington who runs the Hamtramck Registry website.
The 1970 Hamtramck Registry Home Page

20230629_162418.jpg

20230624_104958.jpg

Last edited:
About time you cleared things up! @cbarge :poke:
Thanks.
Sorry to the OP as went waaaayyy off topic.
I have been researching and collecting information for a year now to write a dedicated thread
about the 67 Dodges.
But this thread needed help and I leaked out some of my findings,lol!

So the car in question is correct in terms of it being a Canadian Polara 500? If so, then what exactly differentiates it from a regular Canadian Polara?

Unless it all comes down to seat covering patterns and materials?

I still say the door armrests are too short.

Ah - maybe the engine? Very odd to read the Canadian brochure - it says the standard engine for everything except Monaco 500 was the slant-6. Which I don't believe, as I've never heard of a Canadian '67 Monaco or Polara with a slant-6, I thought the 318 was the base engine, the next step down from the US base engine 383. I call BS on the Canadian brochure. The slant-6 with 3-speed manual trans was the base/standard for the Monaco? No effin way.

Last edited:
The 67 Canadian line up is as follows, from lowest to highest.
Polara
Polara 500
Monaco ( 4dr sedan,hardtop, 2dr fastop, convertible)
Monaco 500 (2dr, convertible)

American line up;
Polara 318 ( base 4dr sedan only)
Polara
Polara 500 ( 2dr, convertible)
Monaco
Monaco 500 ( 2dr only)

Believe it or not, all Canadian models were standard with the 225 slant six with the Poly 318 no cost option, except Monaco 500 where the Poly 318 was standard with all other big blocks optional.
Not many had the Slant six but they are out there.
American full sized Dodges all were V8's.
With the exception of the Polara 318 ( which is the first year for the LA based 318), base engine for all models was the 2bbl 383.
The LA 318 appeared in Canadian C bodies in 68.

Last edited:
So the car in question is correct in terms of it being a Canadian Polara 500? If so, then what exactly differentiates it from a regular Canadian Polara?

Canadian Polara interior same as Plymouth Fury I, all vinyl.
Polara 500 got Fury II interior. Cloth and vinyl.
Monaco got Fury III
Monaco 500 got Sport Fury.
The short arm rests are correct as being a lower trim level within the Canadian line up.
I agree they look odd. Door panels appear to have been modified to match the seats.

Ah - maybe the engine? Very odd to read the Canadian brochure - it says the standard engine for everything except Monaco 500 was the slant-6. Which I don't believe, as I've never heard of a Canadian '67 Monaco or Polara with a slant-6, I thought the 318 was the base engine, the next step down from the US base engine 383. I call BS on the Canadian brochure. The slant-6 with 3-speed manual trans was the base/standard for the Monaco? No effin way.
It is true!
Chrysler Canada marketed the Dodge line up to a frugal Canadian customer base which was different compared to the American market.
Since the 318 Poly was a no cost option, the majority of sales bank cars ordered by dealers were 318 Poly. Even then they knew a 140hp six would be a dog.n
The slant six models I had seen are mostly in the Prairies ordered by farmers, and in British Columbia. There are a few in Ontario. Some were ordered as fleet vehicles/ taxi's with the leaning tower of power.
Scarce then, even more so today over a half century later.

Last edited:
Fender tags also show differences between Canuckian and American Dodges for 1967.
Grace tag top line under "w" shows 6..built to Canadian specs.
Second fender tag, under the "w" is 8..built to U S. Specs.
Both cars built at the Windsor, Ontario assembly plant.
Huge thank you to Doug Hammer for pointing this out.
Doug has worked with Barry Washington who runs the Hamtramck Registry website.
The 1970 Hamtramck Registry Home Page

View attachment 625524

View attachment 625525

I think with enough data points, you would also be able to document the SO number series are different for Canada and US sold cars. This would be one more indicator of where the car was to be sold.

I think with enough data points, you would also be able to document the SO number series are different for Canada and US sold cars. This would be one more indicator of where the car was to be sold.
I actually do have all the Canadian dealer codes from 1968.
They can be linked to the broadcast sheets.

Back