NOT MINE NOT MINE - 1969 Police Interceptor for Parts

Holy crap! Storing it inside all those years did wonders for its preservation. It could have been a double edged sword though. Luckily someone dragged it out of there. That wall was just waiting to fall on that car.

Amazing save!
Screenshot_20230510-150834~2.png

The car was under a house that was about to collapse, he purchased the car to put the engine in his Challenger.
Guy buys an authentic 69 Polara CHP car, that is apparently in solid condition when viewed in person.
It's quite obvious it's a real copcar and the ******* wants to rob the drivetrain and part it out.
WTF. It ain't 1985 anymore.

Glad one of our family got it whole.

Guy buys an authentic 69 Polara CHP car, that is apparently in solid condition when viewed in person.
It's quite obvious it's a real copcar and the ******* wants to rob the drivetrain and part it out.
WTF. It ain't 1985 anymore.

Glad one of our family got it whole.
I think the guy was paid to haul it out of there, his business is about equipment and vehicle removal and saw it as an opportunity to get an engine. As soon as he understood the rarity and that it had value he respected that chose to sell it intact.

Alan

I think the guy was paid to haul it out of there, his business is about equipment and vehicle removal and saw it as an opportunity to get an engine. As soon as he understood the rarity and that it had value he respected that chose to sell it intact.

Alan
Yes, but it seems he didn't know that until you guys came along, right?

Yes, but it seems he didn't know that until you guys came along, right?
Yes, real nice young guy, 30s. It just didn't occur to him there was any value in the full car. We showed him pictures of our restored cars and he was impressed and thought it was cool there were people out there restoring old police cars.

Alan

So glad it's been saved...I've luved these cars since I seen DIRTY MARY n CRAZY LARRY at our town theatre...YEARS ago......Top End ?....UNLIMITED !

Back