NOT MINE 1972 Newport in Ohio

CM41M2C264832 looks good outside, perhaps @azblackhemi can opine on whether the GB5 paint is original? The fact that a number of moldings are in the trunk suggests otherwise, but my untrained eyes do not see obvious evidence of a repaint.

The D7L3 interior of this Newport Custom, however, will need to be redone -- front & rear seats, dash pad, rear tray, armrests. Nothing undoable, but it begs the question of how the interior got into that shape given the nice exterior.

Video:

The car was sold at some point (either new or used) by Dewey Ray in Big Spring. Here is an ad for that dealership: Annualmobiles

Lots of high-resolution pics in the ad. Here are the VIN and fender tag for records ( @69CoronetRT @cuda hunter )

1659602219488.png

1659602252711.png

price & miles 1972-chrysler-newport-custom.jpg

rear deck 1972-chrysler-newport-custom.jpg

rear 1972-chrysler-newport-custom.jpg

RHS outside 1972-chrysler-newport-custom.jpg

LHS frot interior 1972-chrysler-newport-custom.jpg

headliner 1972-chrysler-newport-custom.jpg

front 1972-chrysler-newport-custom.jpg

RHS 3:4 1972-chrysler-newport-custom.jpg

Last edited:
I am leaning towards a repaint.
Factory paint is thin to begin with and judging by the baked interior there is no chance in hell the original paint survived to be that nice.
Not to mention all the clips for the moldings are gone.

i would say 128,000 miles look at the arm rest

package tray suggests moisture and dash suggests a lot of sun.

It's a Newport Custom, as indicated by the rear wheel opening moldings. It that's the case, then it should have bodyside moldings as well. The tits for the molding clips were shaved off.

If someone here buys the car, I have the dome light for it.

After watching the video I'd like to meet Randy, lol. He appears to be a good character.

Back