NOT MINE Not mine 1973 Chrysler Imperial

Status
Not open for further replies.

bvberserk

Reaction score
Found this listing on facebook in Mankato, MN for $9,990
1973 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron finished in Honey Gold with Gold vinyl roof and matching interior. Much of the paint appears to be original, decent shine. Gold leather split bench seat interior with automatic shifter on the column. Powered by the 440 V8 that is paired with a 727 Torqueflite automatic transmission. Vinyl top does show its age in the rear, shows some bubbling. Comes with some things including an Edelbrock carb, aur cleaner, 8-tracks, bumper guards, valve covers, and misc. belts. Odometer reads 86,287 miles, cannot confirm to be original. Fuel gauge, radio, and wipers are functional. Clock is inop.Nicely equipped with power steering and power brakes. A/C compressor does turn on and off, does not blow cold/ has not been converted.
1973-chrysler-imperial-lebaron.jpg

more photos and video can be found here: 1973 Chrysler Imperial | Unique Specialty & Classics
From my newbie point of view, looks pretty ok, with typical vinyl top issues. However trim is in place and interior is in quite a good shape. What else should be checked if buying remotely not to regret soon after purchase?
Couldn't find rusty holes underneath when checking photos from their site.

By the way they also sell another Imperial (repainted from white), which one may have less issues?
1972 Chrysler Imperial | Unique Specialty & Classics

I will really appreciate your answers, as I'm only getting aware of c-bodies and now trying to remember exterior differences :)

more photos and video can be found here: 1973 Chrysler Imperial | Unique Specialty & Classics
From my newbie point of view, looks pretty ok, with typical vinyl top issues. However trim is in place and interior is in quite a good shape. What else should be checked if buying remotely not to regret soon after purchase?
Couldn't find rusty holes underneath when checking photos from their site.

By the way they also sell another Imperial (repainted from white), which one may have less issues?
1972 Chrysler Imperial | Unique Specialty & Classics

I will really appreciate your answers, as I'm only getting aware of c-bodies and now trying to remember exterior differences :)

It was mentioned in "green" ad
and it seems that white paint can be seen at least on doors
1972-chrysler-imperial-lebaron-4dr-sedan.jpg

Ask if the ATC servo (big black box on passenger inner fender)has been replaced with a metal one...the originals were plastic and are nearly always cracked. The replacement is made from aluminum and big bucks....hopefully it's been done already. Hopefully the original air cleaner is in the trunk...that thing looks dumb on an Imperial.

It was mentioned in "green" ad
and it seems that white paint can be seen at least on doors
View attachment 434866
Yes I saw that after I went back and read the description. With that being said though if and when it had a color change they did a very thorough job. I have seen that on other cars though to match the color of the interior from the factory. It would be hard to believe that some one would have been so thorough changing color only to leave that detail out. Usually though the factory hid that contrast under the weather strip. Looks as though the factory may have just gotten sloppy to me. But with that being said closer inspection may certainly prove otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back