For Sale Not Mine 69 T&C On Ebay In Ohio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Steve,

as mentioned in the post above this one:
windshields for 4-door sedans and wagons are getting produced overhere in europe. Due to the amount of cars here and the need for an uncracked windshield for technical inspection it is a highly requested part. A friend of mine just bought one for his 69 Fury I 4-door sedan he is fully restoring.

Carsten
That is great to know moving forward!

I saw a Town & Country a few years back with a 1969 300 grill and fell in love. I have since bought everything I need including the motor for the Hideaway headlights but I have no wagon to go with it. I think I am going to have a really cool piece of wall art. :)

View attachment 374897

I hope you also bought the top trim piece of the surround that goes above the grille itself, that this wagon is missing. Given how nice everything else looks on it, I wonder why that piece is missing?

I hope you also bought the top trim piece of the surround that goes above the grille itself, that this wagon is missing. Given how nice everything else looks on it, I wonder why that piece is missing?

You have a good eye I never noticed that before. I do have that trim and interesting enough, I found out that that piece of trim is actually shared with the Town and County and not part of the unique set up with the 300.

You have a good eye I never noticed that before. I do have that trim and interesting enough, I found out that that piece of trim is actually shared with the Town and County and not part of the unique set up with the 300.

Yes, both the T&C and the 300 have that piece..................

1969-1971-chrysler-300-2d-hardtop-and-convertible-1.jpg

And it’s back up on eBay. Says that snipe bidding caused someone to over bid. By 10k. They obviously didn’t pay.

I don't see how that is possible. If the successful bidder had a high bid threshold that was higher than the next bidder by 10K, the snipe bid would not have been 10K higher. It would only have been high enough to out-bid the next highest bidder. But now that I think about it, if the next highest bidder also had a high bid threshold, that is the only way the successful bidder's bid would have been 10K higher than he wanted it to be. In that case, the car would / should have been offered to the next highest bidder. If yer gonna snipe, make sure your highest bid is not more than the highest amount you would pay for the car.

I don't see how that is possible. If the successful bidder had a high bid threshold that was higher than the next bidder by 10K, the snipe bid would not have been 10K higher. It would only have been high enough to out-bid the next highest bidder. But now that I think about it, if the next highest bidder also had a high bid threshold, that is the only way the successful bidder's bid would have been 10K higher than he wanted it to be. In that case, the car would / should have been offered to the next highest bidder. If yer gonna snipe, make sure your highest bid is not more than the highest amount you would pay for the car.
Seller says he is making offers to the next two bidders that were in line to receive it. Got a message from him last night when I inquired if he was looking for a specific price to sell so he wouldn't have to deal with this BS. He should really have put a reserve on it IMOP, eliminated all this crap.

Seller says he is making offers to the next two bidders that were in line to receive it. Got a message from him last night when I inquired if he was looking for a specific price to sell so he wouldn't have to deal with this BS. He should really have put a reserve on it IMOP, eliminated all this crap.

Dayum! I didn't realize it was a no-reserve auction. But that makes no difference with regard to sniping. It will be interesting to see if one of the next two bidders buys the car and to learn the price finally paid.

I don't go on here very often guys but let me give you some info on this 69 T&C. I was the high bidder. Yes, I put in a high bid wanting to be the winning bidder. I did not expect it to reach 19600. (stroked ?) I would have gladly paid that amount for the car if it was represented properly. The car has been repainted in multiple areas. The rockers are full of mud and have been sanded with a cheese grater. The rear gate roof area has been damaged and repaired sometime in its life. (may explain why grab rails are absent) The car has rust through in some areas on the bottoms of some of the doors and small areas in the floor. It is a 350hp 440 not 375. Seats are very brittle. Right year, right color, right options wrong car.

I AM STILL LOOKING FOR A FUSELAGE TOWN AND COUNTRY! Not a project if anyone knows one looking for a good home!

Thanks Guys!

Dayum! I didn't realize it was a no-reserve auction. But that makes no difference with regard to sniping. It will be interesting to see if one of the next two bidders buys the car and to learn the price finally paid.
We will not, if it is a private offer, the seller will pull it off of eBay regardless of where the bid it at. Like I said I would have a hard time paying more then 10k for something that is not drivable(as far as getting on the highway)

Last edited:
I don't go on here very often guys but let me give you some info on this 69 T&C. I was the high bidder. Yes, I put in a high bid wanting to be the winning bidder. I did not expect it to reach 19600. (stroked ?) I would have gladly paid that amount for the car if it was represented properly. The car has been repainted in multiple areas. The rockers are full of mud and have been sanded with a cheese grater. The rear gate roof area has been damaged and repaired sometime in its life. (may explain why grab rails are absent) The car has rust through in some areas on the bottoms of some of the doors and small areas in the floor. It is a 350hp 440 not 375. Seats are very brittle. Right year, right color, right options wrong car.

I AM STILL LOOKING FOR A FUSELAGE TOWN AND COUNTRY! Not a project if anyone knows one looking for a good home!

Thanks Guys!
Assuming you went to look at in person? Thanks for the info.

Are you still working with the seller on buying it?

Last edited:

Thanks Guys!

Then you don't bid, retract the bid or man up, pay it and deal with it.

I think we all knew what engine it has.

Thanks Guys!

So. . . Since you were the high bidder at $19,600, I guess that means there is at least one other bidder who was probably at $19,500 or so. Based on what you said about the condition of this car, I think both of you dodged a really big bullet. Don't worry. There is always another car out there. . .

BUT it was bid that high with intent , apparently.
But it didn't sell. It's E bay, more often than not buyers flake for one reason or another. Without the new info the high bidder provided this is a 12-15K car at tops. With the new info 10-12. Any higher bids than that will not result in a sale.

But it didn't sell. It's E bay, more often than not buyers flake for one reason or another. Without the new info the high bidder provided this is a 12-15K car at tops. With the new info 10-12. Any higher bids than that will not result in a sale.

I think its a nice $2500 Pennsylvania rust bucket. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back