For Sale Not Mine but WOW !!!! 1970 Sport Fury E-Bay

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've put it back up on eBay with a best offer. But, I have a feeling it's still not going to sell until I fix that quarter panel, which I'm not looking forward to and I can't even do it right now as I don't even have the space to do so at the moment (working on a truck, which I desperately need for various projects).

But hey, someone offered me $5K for it.... :elmer::D

Here's the link.

1970 Plymouth Fury Sport | eBay

But, I have a feeling it's still not going to sell until I fix that quarter panel

It’s an awesome car. If you’re insistent on selling than you’ll have to be patient. A lot of petty buyers out there. Probably a Europeaner will get it but hopefully it stayed states side.

I still vote for keeping the car.

Wow my old 70 Sport Fury (29 roof line as well) was a FP6 with matching FP6 interior with a V01 painted white roof.....could have been twins sitting side by side. But my old SF was a 318/904 car though. ;) This is a beautiful car and worth every penny IMHO. Hope someone gives it a good home.

Hey guys.What causes filler to crack?Is it the mixing of the filler,was it humid when it was applied?Or did it not cure correctly.Just hate to see a pretty paint job get messed up.B.B

It's totally my fault. I was in a rush to get it to paint due to time constraints and I didn't grind down my welds on the trunk side. I can almost guarantee you that there's pin holes that cause air to get behind the filler and caused it.

Hey guys.What causes filler to crack?Is it the mixing of the filler,was it humid when it was applied?Or did it not cure correctly.Just hate to see a pretty paint job get messed up.B.B

Usually the filler will crack because too much hardener was added to the mixture and the stuff sets up fast and brittle. Also can be issues if not enough hardener was used. In that case the mixture does not fully harden and remains porous, this can allow primer or paint to get into the filler and react with it, over time the filler will then shrink and crack. Point here is to follow the manufacturer recommendations on mixing the product, it is also very important to have the surface being filled to be clean and free of any rust or sanding debris.

Dave

There are many reasons why filler can fail. In Tom's case judging by the picture it looks like an adhesion problem. It appears to have lifted off the surface and cracked. Can't tell for sure by the picture but that's my guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back