NOT MINE Not Mine - Dodge Camper

Status
Not open for further replies.
These are terribly inefficient in terms of interior space. The one I had, I took camping once for two days. Yeah, it looked cool. It was a conversation starter, whether I was in the mood to converse about it or not. There was no real storage space in it. The only thing it did right was drive. The sorta-bullet shape helped a lot towards mileage, which mine got 6 mpg, no matter what. Would I own another? Nope.

These really drive nice! But the double beds in back, plus a dinette that converted to essentially a kid's bed, really limited the usefulness of my rig...sleeps two and a half. Only two bins that were outside-accessable. Limited interior stowage. Screwy spare tire and jack stowage. Tiny black and grey water tanks; fresh water was only 35 gallons, IIRC (this was 1993, after all!) Plus, the front roll-down windows would hang up rolling up or down. And it leaked water in the rain, around the rear vent and the air conditioning unit.

I've owned five motorhomes and one overhead pickup camper, plus one 1952 teardrop travel trailer and one 1955 Shasta canned ham. Honestly, the little 5x8 teardrop was the most fun and best of the bunch!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back