Not sure what this part is called...

cop440

Reaction score
Not sure.jpg

I'm sure some will think this is crazy- but I'm not sure what this part is called, so I'm having a hard time finding a replacement....

Not sure.jpg

Sometimes a cap is just a cap. LOL!

True enough- but try doing a search on "Mopar cap" on e-bay..... I tried "center cap" too, but didn't have any luck finding this. I'm not sure what's up with the wheels on this car. It says that the wheels were "custom order" for the 76, but obviously it's very possible that someone switched them out in the past 37 years. Thanks for the help, folks!

Maybe if you give it a try by adding "Road Wheel" as they were called you'll get slightly better results.

I would say Good Luck what ever you call it. I'd look for in the Antique parts section on Evelbay and MAYBE just MAYBE you'll find 4 of 'um on the planet that are used without too much curb rash. Got any friends that are doing Carlisle in a few weeks that owe you ah fave?

OK stop teasing us what's it going on. 70-72 only centers. They lost the spline detail after that.

70-74 for that style dome/ centre cap. They changed the style in 75 to the snap on type so that the urethane wheel would have parts commonality with the road wheel..

I wonder if the caps for the 81-83 Imperial "Snowflake" wheels will fit Road Wheels...

$T2eC16VHJIIE9qTYKJ1!BP7z2WpN4Q~~60_12.JPG
1250used.JPG

Last edited:
Nope they won't Stan. I've got those Imp. Snowflakes on the Batwagon and I had the other ones on my Hurst. The ones on the Hurst are part of that whole center casting and do not come off. The only ones that come off are the dome top ones as far as I know and that's a different diameter too. Jer

The widest point of the cap is 3.0080, the widest point between the spring clips is 2.587 Thats on NOS center still in the box measured with my Digital caliper. Hope that helps Stan, Jer

Back