Number matching / date correct.. Please help me understand

It was on engine number FIVE
first motor broken, first motor has vin on it
(blew up two 440s and two 383s before the 440 in it was put in)

beautiful restoration. "Numbers-matching"? You tell me.
Not numbers matching.
I'm sure it was a stunning car with all kinds of date parts, but not the original motor with it's original vin stamp.

My challenger I mentioned earlier, will never be numbers matching until I find that one motor.
I am collecting parts that are date correct for the car. No matter how many date parts I put back onto that body I will not have a numbers matching car until that original motor shows back up.
Nor would I be able to advertise it for sale as a numbers matching numbers car without that motor and vin.

On ebodies, with a vin stamp
Motor brings approximately 10K
Trans brings app 5k
Window sticker 2.5K
Build sheet 3-5K

If were talking a 71 hemi cuda the numbers are far different. I'm just pointing out my observations from sales and pricing of standard and usual ebodies.
I would assume that the 70 SFGT would be similar in it's pricing. Especially since a shell V code just sold for somewhere around 50K? As I understand.

I don't see any of those numbers on the pre 69's. But I don't spend much time looking at anything pre 69. I'm into numbers and pre 69's don't have as much of a document trail as the 9-5's.

first motor broken, first motor has vin on it

Not numbers matching.
I'm sure it was a stunning car with all kinds of date parts, but not the original motor with it's original vin stamp.

My challenger I mentioned earlier, will never be numbers matching until I find that one motor.
I am collecting parts that are date correct for the car. No matter how many date parts I put back onto that body I will not have a numbers matching car until that original motor shows back up.
Nor would I be able to advertise it for sale as a numbers matching numbers car without that motor and vin.

On ebodies, with a vin stamp
Motor brings approximately 10K
Trans brings app 5k
Window sticker 2.5K
Build sheet 3-5K

If were talking a 71 hemi cuda the numbers are far different. I'm just pointing out my observations from sales and pricing of standard and usual ebodies.
I would assume that the 70 SFGT would be similar in it's pricing. Especially since a shell V code just sold for somewhere around 50K? As I understand.

I don't see any of those numbers on the pre 69's. But I don't spend much time looking at anything pre 69. I'm into numbers and pre 69's don't have as much of a document trail as the 9-5's.

My point exactly - not numbers-matching because of the engine, although all of the bolt-ons were dated to before the car was built. And it was a correct, real 440 GTS.

Back