Nuts and Bolts

Vertigo

Reaction score
Is there a source for replacement nuts and bolts or does everyone just go to their local scrap yard.

I'm sure that you don't use nuts and bolts from your local hardware store.

Nuts and bolts for what? I'll go to a ACE Hardware before Home Depot thats for sure.

Right now I need bolts for my bumper mounting brackets, not the bumper bolts, but the bolts for mounting the brackets to the rear cross member.

Also need bolts to mount springs to chassis.

Last edited:
Try these guys, they may have something...

http://www.rtspecialties.net/

headerleft.jpg

When I part out a vehicle I strip off every nut, bolt, screw and clip I can get off. I have many buckets full of misc hardware. I can usually find what I need in there. Short of that I would go to the wreckers to try and get proper appearing nuts and bolts. I like the look of the OEM style captured washer nuts and bolts.

When I part out a vehicle I strip off every nut, bolt, screw and clip I can get off. I have many buckets full of misc hardware. I can usually find what I need in there. Short of that I would go to the wreckers to try and get proper appearing nuts and bolts. I like the look of the OEM style captured washer nuts and bolts.

VERY sound advice

Is there a source for replacement nuts and bolts or does everyone just go to their local scrap yard.

I'm sure that you don't use nuts and bolts from your local hardware store.

unless its a special bolt` grade 8 bolts bought by the pound from tractor supply is the best deal around

You might be able to find the bolt specs in the Chry parts book, in the respective group's section. THEN, you can look in the "standard parts" area of the same parts book for more information on what they are.

Several years ago, one of our Mopar club guys discovered that he could replicate the black oxide coating on factory bolts by taking normal silver, hardware store bolts and brushing "gun blue" liquid on them. Turned them black oxide, just shade shinier and slicker. If you didn't know, you might think they were OEM. Obviously works better than satin black paint.

Using OEM bolts from a donor vehicle is a very good plan!

CBODY67

You might be able to find the bolt specs in the Chry parts book, in the respective group's section. THEN, you can look in the "standard parts" area of the same parts book for more information on what they are.

Several years ago, one of our Mopar club guys discovered that he could replicate the black oxide coating on factory bolts by taking normal silver, hardware store bolts and brushing "gun blue" liquid on them. Turned them black oxide, just shade shinier and slicker. If you didn't know, you might think they were OEM. Obviously works better than satin black paint.

Using OEM bolts from a donor vehicle is a very good plan!

Th donor vehicle is the best plan, you know your getting OEM quality stuff. I'm alway leary about hardware stores inventorys, most of it is Japanese or Chinese metal.

I've heated up motor oil and soaked hardware in it for awile. It puts a nice original patima on new & old fasteners.

Th donor vehicle is the best plan, you know your getting OEM quality stuff. I'm alway leary about hardware stores inventorys, most of it is Japanese or Chinese metal.

I've heated up motor oil and soaked hardware in it for awile. It puts a nice original patima on new & old fasteners.

I soak nuts, and bolts, and fasteners in oil too.

I had a coffee can filled about 3/4 to the top with oil and had a hand full of nuts and bolts soaking on my work bench in the basement. My two cats, Saddam and Bin Laden (Mopar & Super Bee) knocked the damn coffee can off the work bench. My basement is not finished (I didn't know if I could afford the extra $5k to finish the basement when I had my house built when I retired from the Army) so now I have a "nice patina" on the concrete floor as well. I even cleaned it up with brake cleaner but still have a stain (patina) on the concrete floor.

Back