O gauge Trains

Zac, very nice train collection. Are you a New York Central fan? I see a few on the track. I'm also a rail buff, I mainly like New Haven/Penn Central H.O. best though. Nice cat too, I used to have one. Unfortunately he went to a better place. I'll get pictures of my "collection" up soon.:thumbsup:

Zac, very nice train collection. Are you a New York Central fan? I see a few on the track. I'm also a rail buff, I mainly like New Haven/Penn Central H.O. best though. Nice cat too, I used to have one. Unfortunately he went to a better place. I'll get pictures of my "collection" up soon.:thumbsup:

Thank you!

Can’t say I’m really road name specific. I like em all lol. If anything I’d say I’m mostly partial to Union Pacific.

For sure! Would love to see the collection! Sorry to hear about your kitty.

Thank you, he probably passed about 2 years ago now. He was a rag-doll like yours. I got a picture of em somewhere. I could try and find it and post it, if you'd like. One of the best cats we had IMO. I like all the railroads too, I will always be a New Haven/Penn Central guy, but I've been taken a liking to the Delaware & Hudson.

Take this picture for example... This was originally from the D&H, THE ONLY ONE THAT WAS LEFT IN EXISTENCE THAT THE WHEELS (or something like that) WAS NOT RESTORED. It was called the "Worlds Fair Car", believe for the New York worlds fair. (Now been scrapped)
colonie Worlds fair car.jpg

Thank you, he probably passed about 2 years ago now. He was a rag-doll like yours. I got a picture of em somewhere. I could try and find it and post it, if you'd like. One of the best cats we had IMO. I like all the railroads too, I will always be a New Haven/Penn Central guy, but I've been taken a liking to the Delaware & Hudson.

Take this picture for example... This was originally from the D&H, THE ONLY ONE THAT WAS LEFT IN EXISTENCE THAT THE WHEELS (or something like that) WAS NOT RESTORED. It was called the "Worlds Fair Car", believe for the New York worlds fair. (Now been scrapped)
View attachment 284503

Yea, I’d love to see him. This is my first rag doll. He doesn’t seem to fit the rag doll qualifications all the way lol. He is very docile and fairly lovey, but does not seem to enjoy being held... He also seems to be a bit of a runt, as he is fairly small for his breed.

He’ll follow me around like a dog as described, but that’s about it lol. He’s still a good kitty though.

It’s a shame that car got scrapped! The way a lot of em end up unfortunately. Wish we could have went to the 150 ceremony this week! Would have loved to see big boy out stretching his legs! Have to live with just videos for now..

Here ya go:

So badass!!! Last week when the first vids started to leak out of it in the yard tuning the whistle, I was a kid in a candy shop watching lol. Been watching most of em on YouTube. Also get a good dose of em on Facebook. Still need to see it in person some day!

While we were out checking out that Magnum yesterday, decided to go visit the gentleman selling the postwar Lionel collection. A couple more found their way into the back seat of the truck lol

Picked up a set of 2353’s, and a 2340 GG1. Never been the biggest fan of the GG1, but for the price and condition had to grab. It has an older professional restoration done to it, and still looks great. May hurt the value a little, but I’m fine with that..

The 2353’s are in great shape, with a little roller wear. Now I need to pick up a set of 2333’s to finish of the collection of Santa Fe’s lol.

I gave em both a full service, and had em running laps today. The GG1 is a little temperamental, but she runs good for the most part.

I managed to build another display shelf. This one can actually hang on the wall! LOL

D25C098A-7AA5-453F-9A66-4C61BD6F21B6.jpeg
1028424C-F4E5-44B7-99CB-DC8DF7F1E3D1.jpeg
8412C234-B652-41C3-9343-0276C1EBD83A.jpeg

First time having all postwar running on the layout!! I’m kinda regretting the MTH realtrax now... The magnatraction in the older engines doesn’t work on it. May have to try to install some traction tires on one of em. That way it doesn’t have to go 100 mph just to get up the incline!

Stubs300. Sorry, yeah you're right. I didn't watch the video until now. I hope no hard feeling were had.

@monaco75. Here is a picture of my rag-doll. I will get pictures of my train "collection" soon. I have 3 diesel locomotives, a few boxcars and a couple hoppers.
george.jpg

@monaco75. Here is a picture of my rag-doll. I will get pictures of my train "collection" soon. I have 3 diesel locomotives, a few boxcars and a couple hoppers. View attachment 286762

Looks a lot like Steve’s father - Yoda. According to Mike the breeder, he always looks pissed, even though he’s a big lover boy lol.

If interested in getting another rag doll, I can pass on Mikes info if you’d like. He has a couple litters a year. He’s had people from all over the country get one through him.

24251547-B22B-4E23-A08C-A94DA06B2E83.jpeg

A big thank you goes out to Sabrina. She made me up some curtains for around the bottom of the layout. Looks much better!! Looks kinda like the Al Borlen layout now lmao. I like it.

Got the GG1 all serviced up, and running reliably now, finally. She is a bit power hungry! My ZW is the only transformer that will run it reliably. She’s a little heavy for the top loop, but it’ll do for now. Think I need to invest in another ZW for all this postwar goodness! The TW does ok for the single motored units, but it does not like my dual motored F3’s, and what not... Maybe retire it for accessory duty.

I did a little research on the restoration of this unit. I forgot to take a picture, but inside stamped on the body is restored by E. Welz. Apparently this was the go to guy for GG1 restorations, and his pieces are fairly sought after. Thought that was pretty neat.

600513DB-F37D-456E-A82D-320F2E41FD1E.jpeg
CE301565-BB6F-4DD8-B99E-AF6C2BC87858.jpeg

A big thank you goes out to Sabrina. She made me up some curtains for around the bottom of the layout. Looks much better!! Looks kinda like the Al Borlen layout now lmao. I like it.

Got the GG1 all serviced up, and running reliably now, finally. She is a bit power hungry! My ZW is the only transformer that will run it reliably. She’s a little heavy for the top loop, but it’ll do for now. Think I need to invest in another ZW for all this postwar goodness! The TW does ok for the single motored units, but it does not like my dual motored F3’s, and what not... Maybe retire it for accessory duty.

I did a little research on the restoration of this unit. I forgot to take a picture, but inside stamped on the body is restored by E. Welz. Apparently this was the go to guy for GG1 restorations, and his pieces are fairly sought after. Thought that was pretty neat.

View attachment 287640 View attachment 287641

So have you spent the Carlisle fund on trains yet? :poke:

Shoot! I blew that back in January lol. I’ve kicked the idea back and fourth about going.... I’ve got the ‘96 to tow the Monaco. I used up my spare vacation time last month though... the family came down for a week. We have a cruise booked for December, that’s where the rest of the vacation time is going.

Plus as much as I trust the ‘96. Idk if I’m ready to drive it cross country yet....

For @monaco75. Here are my H.O. scale diesel locomotives
train 1.jpg

Above- All 3 of my diesels
F40 Amtrak.jpg
Above- Amtrak F40 phase 3
NH FL9.jpg

Above- New Haven FL9. Made by Rapido. A 5 axle diesel
NH Alco RS11.jpg

Above- New Haven American Locomotive Company (Alco) model RS-11. The very 1st Alco I ever bought. Made by Proto 1,000.

Last edited:
For @monaco75. Here are my 4 boxcars and 2 hoppers in H.O scale.
boxcars.jpg

Above From Left- Penn Central, Pennsylvania, New York Central, and New Haven.
hoppers.jpg
Above From Left- New Haven, and New York Central
hoppers 2.jpg

Above- A better pic of the hoppers

Back