Offy intake

Grease556

Reaction score
So I went to a vintage drag race last weekend and bought what I was told was the correct intake for my 1965 383..... Long story short I'm newer to the big block scene and the guy screwed me and sold me an intake for a 440. So would anybody want to trade an absolutely immaculate Offenhauser 360 intake to go on a RB for a decent (even if it's a stock 4 bbl) square bore intake for a B?

You bought an Offy 360 as a correct intake for a 65 383?? Don't have a correct one to swap with you, but that was a question I had to ask......

360 is the design name it is for an RB engine..... I'm not dumb enough to buy a SB intake for a BB[/QU

What you need is a T-6 Edelbrock for BB 383/400 engine. There is a least one member on this site trying to sell one.

Dave

Not going for numbers matching resto stuff..... I need a square bore 383 intake because I have a Holley carb that is brand new I plan on using on it

Not going for numbers matching resto stuff..... I need a square bore 383 intake because I have a Holley carb that is brand new I plan on using on it

You have to be careful as some modern Holley carbs have a different configuration than what was used on the square bore manifolds used with the AFB carbs. You might still need and adapter plate. That is why I suggested the T-6 manifold, they are relatively easy to find and very adaptable. Not to mention very effective in terms of performance.

Dave

My problem is that now I don't have the money to buy yet another intake and I have to have this car running before a car show in early October.

360 is the design name it is for an RB engine..... I'm not dumb enough to buy a SB intake for a BB
No, the 360 was Offy's name for their theoretical 360 degree distribution manifold - supposed to imply that the fuel distribution would be even throughout all cylinders, or something like that. Just that Offy was never in the business of supplying any OEM manifolds that I'm aware of..

O
No, the 360 was Offy's name for their theoretical 360 degree distribution manifold - supposed to imply that the fuel distribution would be even throughout all cylinders, or something like that. Just that Offy was never in the business of supplying any OEM manifolds that I'm aware of..

Oh, I didn't mean as a factory replacement part. I just want to switch from the 2 bbl to my nice new Holley double pumper.
The car is just going to be a cruiser but I'm puting flamethrowers on it after I have new exhaust built for it. '65 Newport 4 door in case anyone is interested.

O

Oh, I didn't mean as a factory replacement part. I just want to switch from the 2 bbl to my nice new Holley double pumper.
The car is just going to be a cruiser but I'm puting flamethrowers on it after I have new exhaust built for it. '65 Newport 4 door in case anyone is interested.
No worries here, just confusion over what's "correct" for a 65 383. Most of us here will take that to mean a date code correct piece with the right part number, etc. etc. i.e. something the factory installed, not "something that will bolt on".

So I went to a vintage drag race last weekend and bought what I was told was the correct intake for my 1965 383..... Long story short I'm newer to the big block scene and the guy screwed me and sold me an intake for a 440. So would anybody want to trade an absolutely immaculate Offenhauser 360 intake to go on a RB for a decent (even if it's a stock 4 bbl) square bore intake for a B?

Take this as an important life lesson about swap meets, E-Bay and FB, a lot of the folks there will say anything to make a sale. Know what you want before you spend money.

Dave

Last edited:
Back