Ok, I need fusie help

Beautiful car. Glad you got it -- as I have said privately, this green/chestnut/white color combo is a very nice one. Many British cars (both period and current) follow that scheme.

I am hoping that the 300 and its new owner will be able/willing to join C-bodies At The Lake (CATL) road trip from Belvidere, IL to Milwaukee, WI and back on September 6 (even if only for part of the trip) and/or @sixpkrt's C-Body Car-B-Que in West Dundee, IL the next day.

PS: @traintech55, I see that you are in Hammond -- any chance you might make it too?
We'll see. I wonder how many issues start arising as I start driving...its been sitting for a few years since its 100 yr old owner was put in a home.

So...my first question before I start a new thread...I think the hubcaps are just so-so. I am a fan of hubcaps, though. I'd consider other year 300s (15"), or were there nicer optional caps in 71?

We'll see. I wonder how many issues start arising as I start driving...its been sitting for a few years since its 100 yr old owner was put in a home.

Your car has the same drivetrain and suspension as mine, you may have a look here for the step by step I have followed since I got my T-code Monaco in February.

I think the hubcaps are just so-so. I am a fan of hubcaps, though. I'd consider other year 300s (15"), or were there nicer optional caps in 71?

The Hamtramck Registry has the info you need on what was correct (std or optional) for that year. IMHO, put a set of road wheel on and forget about it -- they will look really sharp on your car.

Last edited:
Your car has the same drivetrain and suspension as mine, you may have a look here for the step by step I have followed since I got my T-code Monaco in February.

The Hamtramck Registry has the info you need on what was correct (std or optional) for that year. IMHO, put a set of road wheel on and forget about it -- they will look really sharp on your car.
Thanks for the link. I don't want to change out the wheels because the tires are new. I like the optional deep dish wheel cover...

Thanks for the link. I don't want to change out the wheels because the tires are new. I like the optional deep dish wheel cover...
I know they did not come out for another eight years, but how about a set of the factory locking wire wheel covers, they look nice on my 300.
1966 300 (4).jpg

Beautiful car. Glad you got it -- as I have said privately, this green/chestnut/white color combo is a very nice one. Many British cars (both period and current) follow that scheme.

I am hoping that the 300 and its new owner will be able/willing to join C-bodies At The Lake (CATL) road trip from Belvidere, IL to Milwaukee, WI and back on September 6 (even if only for part of the trip) and/or @sixpkrt's C-Body Car-B-Que in West Dundee, IL the next day.

PS: @traintech55, I see that you are in Hammond -- any chance you might make it too?
I would really like to try. I do not know if you heard about my accident when I went out to California the beginning of the year. The broken arm is just giving me hell with healing and therapy, I only have about 85% use now. BUT I WILL TRY.

I would really like to try. I do not know if you heard about my accident when I went out to California the beginning of the year. The broken arm is just giving me hell with healing and therapy, I only have about 85% use now. BUT I WILL TRY.
Maybe the car can come to you one day if you can't get to it otherwise?

All the best for a speedy recovery.

I do not know if you heard about my accident when I went out to California the beginning of the year. The broken arm is just giving me hell with healing and therapy, I only have about 85% use now. BUT I WILL TRY.

I was unaware of the story of your fall at the time, and am really sorry to hear you're still suffering. If memory serves, you said in one of your posts a few years ago that you have special ties to Milwaukee. If it feels like your arm would rule out driving on your own, then please drop me a PM before Sept. 5 and we can discuss whether you would like me to swing by Hammond and pick you up for either/both events. I'll be in the Chicago area right before CATL/CBCBQ anyways.

PS: @66MonacoWagon, the offer applies to you as well if the 300 is not in a shape to go (I am, of course, hoping it'll be). BTW, after you create a thread for your '71 300, you may want to post a link to it from the present thread and close the latter.

Last edited:
Back