OK you truckers...

23722258_1742794925740050_8882510138638989366_n.jpg

1. I have never driven a 2 stick. I'm sure there is a system to it, and you do what is comfortable and without thought.
That little button on the stick of a 10 spd RoadRanger? That's your second stick.
Same thing. Thumb instead of an arm.
Fortunately, the last two stick died in the 70's. I piss on its grave.

That little button on the stick of a 10 spd RoadRanger? That's your second stick.
Same thing. Thumb instead of an arm.
Fortunately, the last two stick died in the 70's. I piss on its grave.
I've got 2 buttons, but I know what you mean. I would try one but not every day.
That is not where it goes.
Went right through that headache rack like it was not even there.
Still better that going over at speed with a flatbed. Almost certain death sentence.

'no power steering, no a/c, 2 stick trans is what separates the truck drivers from the house wives'.

Last edited:
I went to tractor trailer school back in '76 where they taught us to drive 10 speeds, 5x2s and tri-plex in a B 61. I already had some experience with the 5x2s so that wasn't a problem. , and it made the 10 speeds easier to learn. But I'm glad I never worked a job that had tri-plexs as I never really could get that concept of shifting them. The bigger problem was down shifting, especially if I had to jump down a few gears. I could never find the right one to be in. And here's some more B 62 ****.

IMG_20171001_103352.jpg

I'm struggling to relate to this... thinking of the folks who did this day after day for long hours, hauling weight and dealing with hills and traffic... dang that's a lot of work.

That looks like a pretty new truck to have 3 shifters. I agree, shifting would be like solving a Rubik cube blindfolded.

That 3 shifter thing is just a gimmick for wannabes that wish they could drive a real set of sticks.

A 13 speed or 18 speed has two air switches to shift the hi-lo range and the overdrive splitter. Two of those sticks are are just to run those shift valves.

Kevin

Yes, the truck is too new to be a true 3-stick. The first thing I thought of was, Why??? That was totally stupid. Then @twostick gave me the answer. Two of the sticks are fake. He's flipping buttons via the pseudo-sticks. I should have thought of that watching him "flick" two of the sticks as if toggling "switches" rather than sliding gears. Watch the video again.
Very good, Kevin. :thumbsup:

PicsArt_11-23-09.46.38.jpg

Last edited:
In all my yearz out there I only bought one new truck.(My BD gift to me) A '76 K-100 sleeper with a 13 over. For about THREE yearz (I think) the 13 spd came with a 3way splitter on the knob az opposed to a 2 way and a plunger. Loved that transmission but I waz told that the attrition on them waz way too high because newbiez kept forgetting which set they were in and making too many claims on the manufacturer. Go figure lol. HAPPY TURKEY DAY TO ALL YOU BIG RIGGERZ OUT THERE AND ALL THE CAR-BUDZ ON FCBO TOO, Jer

Last edited:
Back