On November 7th, 2010, someone asked the question...

That's awesome .. Glad someone popped the question!
10 years before that, C-Body Central (or C-Body Home, originally) worked *ok* as a mailing list and info archive but flopped terribly as a forum. I joined the Dry Dock at some point after that but didn't engage much. By 2010, my 68 Monaco had been gone 6 years and when FCBO actually started, I was poking around here quietly kicking myself for selling it.
And here we are. New 67 in the garage, always a tab open in the browser for FCBO.

That's awesome .. Glad someone popped the question!
10 years before that, C-Body Central (or C-Body Home, originally) worked *ok* as a mailing list and info archive but flopped terribly as a forum. I joined the Dry Dock at some point after that but didn't engage much. By 2010, my 68 Monaco had been gone 6 years and when FCBO actually started, I was poking around here quietly kicking myself for selling it.
And here we are. New 67 in the garage, always a tab open in the browser for FCBO.
Is C-Body Central the group on Yahoo?

I wonder who this refers too?
:lol:
IMG_2285.jpg

Is C-Body Central the group on Yahoo?
Not sure what happened in the end there but It was initially called C-Body Home and hosted on my buddies home servers .. just a small local collection of folks trying to put info together on the cars, doing experiments/projects or just showing off their rides. The framework for C-Body Central proper was merely a cleaner updated version of C-Body Home which included the YaBB Se forum. The idea was to eventually migrate it to a different platform but it all kinda fell apart.

Surprised it even got off the ground when directed at the likes of the following...
"c-bodies are great motor donors for a-bodies...:)" Sadly an attitude that is still common.

I am glad I found FCBO pretty close to the beginning.

I'm on this site 10 times more than any website including work. LOL!

Interesting how many of you all crossed over to FCBO. Recognize several handles. Best move you ever did Joey IMHO biased as it is...:)

How many of the first members are still here I wonder? From the few years I have been here I have noticed there is a core group of members that are here a lot. Then there are some that only check in from time to time. Happy to be here and be a part of it.

Me too... as a relative newcomer... and a "internet loudmouth", thanks to all... especially Joey, for putting up with me.

Back