SOLD One local to me....

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know how envious I am, right? Congratulations!
(Remember our deal, now)

thanks chief .. no need to envy. i'll just hold it for a while since our deal is etched in concrete now. :)

I have four different deals I gotta honor here for four different cars. I will however let a recent buy go -- gladly and sadly I was just getting to know her.

20180623_075000-jpg.jpg

For Sale - 1975 Plymouth Gran Fury Brougham Coupe

Cant bring this '67 300 back to prominence AND buy this (yeah, still workin on it .. 50/50 chance i would estimate).

00-1-2-6-jpg.jpg

throw your rocks now.

if it all works out im going Magnums and RWL Radiall T/As.

NOTHING irreversible though :)

Resized952018081595154442959976.jpg
Resized95201808159515442695932.jpg

Hey amazing, congrats on another slick purchase! I'm fairly new around here, but I've noticed this year that you've scored some cars with great potential...would like to see some pics of your stable some time. The other vehicle that's really etched in my head is that aqua Imperial roller you saved from the Pacific Northwest, I really like that one. Again, good job and best of luck.

Hey amazing, congrats on another slick purchase! I'm fairly new around here, but I've noticed this year that you've scored some cars with great potential...would like to see some pics of your stable some time. The other vehicle that's really etched in my head is that aqua Imperial roller you saved from the Pacific Northwest, I really like that one. Again, good job and best of luck.

hey BLIMP. thanks.

Its my last hurrah .. save a few more rare ones that I can afford to save while I am still working for a living .. before I retire and the rest of the fleet finds new homes over the next decade.

In a few years it'll just be me, my bus-converted-to-RV, my Dad's '68 Eldorado, my '71 Cuda, and the '80 Mirada I bought used outta college in 1983.

Aqua Imp's coming along .. I'll get pics up in a couple months.

Thanks. :)

Yes, this is a special car. We had a lot of fun with it. If it was a four speed it would stay here on the ranch.

On another note..Ray! Text me (jd), my phone died a horrible death on the chassis dyno today and I cant get your address out of it.

To those of you that appreciate car...you are cool. : )

I'm sure the car is in very good hands and we made sure to keep it STOCK right down the the sleeved, OEM disc brake calipers. I even changed the oil so it is fresh and the new owner can jump in and drive it.

I started at 7500 eons ago. What is a car like this really worth "a million miles from nowhere"?

My final asking price was for mercy of a cool car to get into climate controlled storage. There is so much trim on a '67 300 and most of it is beautiful. The rest is just awe-inspiring!

JD. great car. carrman - good eye.

runs strong, no rust. stuff works. real L code, TNT brute.

will put in the gallery in couple of months after paint. heck might even keep stock wheels/tires for a while.

aside: Truck driver wasnt born in USA, was stunned by the several times along the way people waving at him, playfully pointing at car and then to the ground. "stop here"!

thanks again for following this thread.

00-1-2-3.jpg
00-1-2-2-3.jpg
00-1-2-2-2.jpg

last one:

with the last few days of these cars side by side, i had a chance to look at their relative sizes.

Those of you who know -- without looking it up -- please let others try to guess

Which of these is the "bigger" car? Ignoring weight (the newer car is heavier surprisingly), just considering physical dimensions?
Untitled46.jpg
Untitled47.jpg

Last edited:
last one:

with the last few days of these cars side by side, i had a chance to look at their relative sizes.

Those of you who know -- without looking it up -- please let others try to guess

Which of these is the "bigger" car? Ignoring weight (the old iron is heavier by far), just considering physical dimensions?
View attachment 229705 View attachment 229706

the GF!

last one:

Which of these is the "bigger" car? Ignoring weight (the newer car is heavier surprisingly), just considering physical dimensions?
View attachment 229705 View attachment 229706

My 77 T&C makes my 68 Imperial look small. The Formal is longer and heavier than the Slab. 227.7 inches to 224.5. Wagon weighs 5050lbs, can't find the 68 Convertible weight, but it's like 4800lbs or there abouts.

Got me thinking so I looked it up... the Gran Fury Coupe vs the 67 300 Coupe. The Slab is longer by 1 inch 223.4 vs 224.4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back