SOLD One local to me....

Status
Not open for further replies.
the 67 is 1 inche longer, one inch narrower, a bit over two inches longer in WBase vs the 75. like mr fix it said, and mr c confirmed.

the 67, at the A pillar, is also a couple inches taller it appears parked right next to its descendant.

the formals are boxier so probably have more cabin space.

my point.

the formals are BIG cars .. i remember them much better than i do the slabbies. but the slabbies are BIG too, and sleek ...long, low slung, sporty. to me, thats why they look so cool IMHO. just surprising to me just how big the slabs are.

i bought two .. i had two already. its outta my system now (until i stumble accross a good 66 300) :)

Monaco.TNT!!!!!.Heh.Oops.The wheelbase on the Monaco looks longer when you view just the tires.But again.The concave coupes were very special.I saw a New Yorker online that was loaded with leather interior,all options,and originally had a 440 TNT,sans engine.Would have made an excellent project.One of these in bright red or white would pronounce those con caves.B.B

she's home. more pics to come. i'll start another thread on that soon.

View attachment 229462 View attachment 229463

Spring update. going in for paint/body this week. couple things and a little help on number 4 please?

1. yes, I am going with THOSE wheels and tires. some 90's era Prime wheels, 15x8, polished aluminum, plastic caps, 245/60 Wingfoots. be gentle, i'm an "Old Man with a Hat" :)

2. original color so no changes. i happen to like green (pine green metallic to be exact, paint code "G"). plus , its a real "L" code, TNT, a**-thumper .. it can be whatever color it wants to be. :)

3. nothing wrong with hood fitment -- its just not closed all the way.

4. some closeups of a few trim pieces.. any body give me a clue on coloring/original looks? what stops the pass. mirror from spinning around -- get new one? reddish strip on grille supposed to be there?

5. an aside -- all four original wheels have tangs for poverty-mount caps. my 68 Fury I, ex-Virginia Statie, SuperCommando coupe had similar wheels.

00-1-2-5-1.jpg
00-1-2-5-0.jpg
00-1-2-4.jpg
00-1-2-5-5.jpg
00-1-2-5-3.jpg
00-1-2-5-4.jpg
00-1-2-6.jpg
00-1-2-8.jpg
00-1-2-9.jpg

Last edited:
#4 - there's a stud that screws into the mount that comes out the bottom front of the mirror base that gets a nut from the inside of the door to hold it in place, along with a screw through the rear of the base. See the red arrow on the d/s mirror, p/s mirror shown alongside altho the stud has been removed from that one - I was playing with making another remote p/s mirror. They both fasten the same way.
upload_2019-3-3_13-38-49.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back