Oops just saw this forum

OldGold

Reaction score
I've been here a few weeks posted a picture and a few threads. I went to a car show a few weekends ago with the express purpose of finding a website where I might could find out wheres and hows and whatnots for getting my car back on the road.
She's a 71 Fury Custom. My great-grandfather went to the dealer with book in hand and picked out color, interior, engine, trim, etc. It has been "Old Gold" as long as I remember. He went in 76 and bought a new one, sold "Gold" to my grandmother, and asked for it back every time he saw it until he passed away.
She came to me after I borrowed it and rearended a pickup truck when I was 18. That damage has yet to be repaired. I drove it until about 8 years ago when the repair bills were interfering with school supplies and lunch money for the kids.
About two years ago a neighborhood kid got a pellet gun for Christmas and learned to use it on the windows.
Now my kids are wondering if they fix it can they drive it? How can I say no?

I've been here a few weeks posted a picture and a few threads. I went to a car show a few weekends ago with the express purpose of finding a website where I might could find out wheres and hows and whatnots for getting my car back on the road.
She's a 71 Fury Custom. My great-grandfather went to the dealer with book in hand and picked out color, interior, engine, trim, etc. It has been "Old Gold" as long as I remember. He went in 76 and bought a new one, sold "Gold" to my grandmother, and asked for it back every time he saw it until he passed away.
She came to me after I borrowed it and rearended a pickup truck when I was 18. That damage has yet to be repaired. I drove it until about 8 years ago when the repair bills were interfering with school supplies and lunch money for the kids.
About two years ago a neighborhood kid got a pellet gun for Christmas and learned to use it on the windows.
Now my kids are wondering if they fix it can they drive it? How can I say no?

Welcome!
Got any pics of "Old Gold"?

Holy cow, I posted in your other thread before I read this one. Turns out I'm rather insightful.(and limber enough to pat myself on the back)
Welcome to the site from the Motor City!

Welcome aboard. Aside from the obvious front end damage how much work does the car need? Depending on those costs you may be further ahead to buy a nice driver for a few thousand rather than spend a lot more fixing up a basket case. I suspect however that your family's emotional ties to the car may outweigh any potential costs. :sSig_welcometoourcl

It lived briefly in both Indiana and New Jersey, so it has a little salt rash. It originally had a vinyl top and has what seems to be a common rash at the roof seem behind the back door. Hood, trunk, all doors shut solid; hood release cable is broken so its not shut in picture. I drove it to where it sits, so a little coaxing it should start and run.
I have looked and found Fury IIIs that could easily be painted and upholstered and no one would be the wiser; except me, I would know its not my granddad's car. Anyhow I'm starting to get excited about working on it with my kids. Maybe we'll get it done and Ill let my son have my Dakota:grin:
Photo is in my gallery.

Last edited:
Back