For Sale ORIGINAL OWNER '69 300 tnt CONVERT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cast my vote for those repops.

Only trouble is that, as far as I know, the recall wheel repops are as much unobtainium as the real things. Classic Industries had a small batch made, and they are sold out.

He will be lucky to get anything over 10K for this car. C-Body fans dream of big money when they want to sell, but the reality is that C-Body fans don't want to pay. I just sold my C body convertible (which is a very rare engine/trans combo) for less than 15K...and the buyer for my car is in Australia! To the owner, I say good luck with the sale, but unless you drop the price you will be holding on to it for a long time.
so, is the 15K bid a "phantom" bid?

I would be surprised if a sale is actually completed, or if it does, its a very specific buyer who is looking for that exact car. In my limited experience I have found that the market for high-end C-Bodies is not very strong. There are not many buyers willing to step up for anything over 10K.

I had my car on ebay at a $15K reserve, which I lowered to $12.5K before the end of the auction. The "winning bid" was $13.5K. I had a lot of watchers so I thought the car would go higher. I never heard from the winning bidder after the sale, no communication at all from them. I even tried to call and left a message/text with the phone number that ebay had on file...nothing. I ended up selling it outside of ebay.

Last edited:
The reserve is not even met with a $15K bid...like I said, good luck with that. Come back down to the real world.

Your comments are only valid for the U.S. Folks in Europe pay these prices all day long as long as they know the seller or have had the vehicle for sale inspected by someone they trust. Folks here in the U.S. have no money because we let our government get away with shameless policies, and even support them. And when folks in Europe try to buy cars one on one with U.S. sellers, they almost always get screwed. We are our own worst enemies.

I'd be surprised if it gets a bid that is any higher than the opening bid, I think there are people out there that do opening bid on reserved stuff just for the thrill, knowing they can't be forced to buy, and maybe also just to screw with people whose stuff is overpriced. You know, bid on a $75,000 trinket just to make the sell think 'I knew it was worth a lot of money'. And you have to have a second bidder to exercise the first, so sometimes that's the holdup.

This seller has been on there for over a year with no feedback, and no recent items offered for sale. That would make me a little apprehensive about buying a classic car from them, esp a high-dollar one.

With Ebay, there is little incentive to bid until the last few seconds for any listing. The only concern is in everyone doing so, the seller might accept a low offer out of desperation from someone swooping in before the end of the auction to buy it cheap and then missing out on what it really might have sold for. Or to maybe edge up on what the reserve really is, but usually a call or question to the seller will often reveal that information anyway or the buy it now price should be fairly close too.

The auction completed this afternoon. There were 3 bidders who submitted bids up to $16,200 and reserve wasn't met. So it didn't climb much from the starting bid of $15,000.

eBay Item Bid History

Really screw with them by setting your reserve the same as the opening bid.
eBay rules, reserve must be 20% more than the opening bid. Reserves on eBay generally don't work in favor of the seller. I've always realized higher final bids with low opening bids and no reserve. In this case, if you really want the car, work for the highest bid and then make a deal with the seller. However, a newbie with zero feedback will most likely re-list this car until it rusts into the ground, or is sold by his estate.
:lol:

Last edited:
That tells you something about the market.

Only in the U.S. Bidders in European countries will not usually buy off of Ebay. Too many shady sellers with no real consequences. And in this case the seller has 0 feedback and doesn't respond to questions for whatever reason.

Last edited:
here's my two answers from the seller. I sent the question twice...

Two answers from the seller

the car has never been wrecked; it has no rust or rust repair; I have lots of photos, but none of the chassis which is clean and solid. I am traveling and unable to get photos of the chassis. I am available on email. PWW

There have been no accidents or rust or rust repair. The frame is clean and solid. PWW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back