Other Hobby's Besides Cars

Love fresh veggies from a home garden. We stopped our vegetable gardening for a few years, but with the prices in the stratosphere, i think we'll start it again this spring.

We had chickens for a while. The fresh eggs were fantastic, the hardest part was getting someone to take care of them when we were gone... Chickens aren't cute and cuddly either... If you fell down in their yard, they would start eating you.

Latest hobby has been 3D printing. I bought a Creality printer about 6 months ago and been having some fun making stuff. There's a few things for the shop I don't have pictures of, like the piece to fix my shop vac, but the most fun is doing stuff like this.

The latest thing I did was this... These are not my designs... I'm barely capable of putting 2 boxes together in the CAD software, so this stuff is way out of my league. This guy was about 40 parts, some are the color of the plastic and some I painted.

View attachment 576026

More stuff... Again painted and/or plastic color.

View attachment 576027

Wouldn't be complete without some Rick and Morty. I know, right?

View attachment 576028

Then, I caught a sale on a resin printer last week. The detail with these machines is unbelievable. I've only done their sample print, but wow... If you look, there's a tiny stairway inside this rook.

View attachment 576029
View attachment 576030
Cool
Cool
Cool

Y'all are having to much fun! I still work 50 hrs a week fixing stuff at convenient stores. Wife and I have little over 7 acres in east texas so am also into tree trimming and riding my tractor. We did try raising chickens last year but do to weather and wild life we lost out 1st 12 chickens, only got 4 brown eggs for our trouble but they were GOOD. May try again this year. We also love traveling, got a cruise in 2 weeks and a week later a winter road trip to up state new york. Life is good!

We also love traveling, got a cruise in 2 weeks and a week later a winter road trip to up state new york.
We just got off a week long cruise to the Bahamas a few weeks ago! Hard to beat them for an easy vacation.

Where you going in New York State?

I do a few items when I am not working.

I'm a dinosaur hunter.
Fossil and Bone collector
Dirt biker
Harley rider
Snow boarder
Snow mobiler
Gem stone collector
Arrowhead collector
I hunt animals with sticks and razors (Bow)
Love taxidermy
Collect Knives
Love vinyl records (Jimi Hendrix,about 90 albums)
Music festivals and concerts
Music cruises
Hanging out with rock stars
Artist , mostly painting, but art comes in many many forms
Hike 14K' mountains
Nature photography
Horticulture

Adrenaline junkie

029 (2).jpg

031.JPG

088.jpg

037.jpg

134.jpg

088.jpg

DSCF6555.JPG

20200724_163011_HDR.jpg

20200519_125656_HDR.jpg

We just got off a week long cruise to the Bahamas a few weeks ago! Hard to beat them for an easy vacation.

Where you going in New York State?
We are headed up to a little town called horseheads. My mothers 85th b day. Finger lakes region.

I’m into family history as well as history in general.
Also gardening and travel.
Been to the family homes near Tronheim and Stavanger, Norway. Ex wouldn’t give me the pictures, but I still have the memories.

This will be are 5th cruise, we love it.
We've done 11 so far. We have one on the Royal Caribbean Liberty, booked for this October, leaving out of New Jersey for Bermuda.

They work out great for us.... A five hour drive for this one. No airplanes... Just drive down the day before and stay on Staten Island, then a 20 minute drive to the ship.

I play with cars and make a little money doing that and the rest of my income is from making custom furniture, cabinetry, railings, etc, etc, etc.
What little time I have over the last couple of years when I’m not doing that I’m helping look after my elderly parents and hanging out with my wife. There are other things I/we love to do and hopefully we will have more time in the future to get back to doing them.

Which cruise? Wouldn't be this one would it? ShipRocked • January 22-28, 2023
Nah, it's this one:

We've done 11 so far. We have one on the Royal Caribbean Liberty, booked for this October, leaving out of New Jersey for Bermuda.

They work out great for us.... A five hour drive for this one. No airplanes... Just drive down the day before and stay on Staten Island, then a 20 minute drive to the ship.

We are doing belize, mahogany bay and cozy mel, leaving out of galveston on 28th.
I am heading out for #19/20 in April. 21 days total from Fort Lauderdale to LA to Vancouver BC. Then a 10 day from Quebec City to NYC in the fall.

Would anyone be surprised to learn I collect Mad magazines and assorted EC comic reprints (Tales from the Crypt, Frontline Combat, Shock Suspense Stories. etc)?

And because I don't spend enough money on an expensive hobby like cars, I need another way to waste money so I play in bands. A good way to sink money into a depreciating endeavor is to buy guitars, amps and associated accessories. Only a musician would sink $5,000 on gear only to play $100 gigs.

Would anyone be surprised to learn I collect Mad magazines and assorted EC comic reprints (Tales from the Crypt, Frontline Combat, Shock Suspense Stories. etc)?

And because I don't spend enough money on an expensive hobby like cars, I need another way to waste money so I play in bands. A good way to sink money into a depreciating endeavor is to buy guitars, amps and associated accessories. Only a musician would sink $5,000 on gear only to play $100 gigs.
You’re getting a hundred bucks? I do it for exposure!

1673718397035.png

double engine bay doors, skylights ... a pre-repower PD 4501 hangin' out. To scale of course.

groovy set up boss. real nice.

:thumbsup:

I am heading out for #19/20 in April. 21 days total from Fort Lauderdale to LA to Vancouver BC. Then a 10 day from Quebec City to NYC in the fall.
That will be us one of these years! Retirement days. Hope y'all have an awsome time!

Back