Pabst Brewery and Mansion

FB_IMG_1624242649203.jpg

If you can ignore the cancel culture and woke garbage, which I can, what a great piece of historical sophistication. Thanks for the pics. Always another place to visit with out great Mopars.

Pasadena, CA used to have homes that rivaled the ones you are showing in the early 1900s but most of them were torn down decades ago now and were not rebuilt or otherwise preserved. Milwaukee has had much more vision and a sense of the value of history and reminds us we are not so smart these days in many ways that we were back then when creativity, craftsmanship and hard work mattered a lot. Thanks for the memories.

The craftsmanship inside these Victorian homes is even more impressive. Base boards 12" wide was the norm in these homes. Entire kitchen cabinets made out of birch. Hardwood railings, banisters, staircases, and floors.

Pabst Mansion entrance. It was part of the 1893 Chicago World's Fair exhibit that Pabst moved to Milwaukee and added it to the mansion. You can see it on the previous picture #1456 of the mansion.

27372.jpeg

I had a flashback of eating smoked chubs with my Dad from Ewig Brothers in Port Washington in Wisconsin. A few miles from Milwaukee. They emigrated from Germany and have been in business since 1840.

History

Boat1-cropped.jpg
Ewig-II-1950-cropped.jpg

Back