paint it black 67 New Yorker

Hello to all,

my 1967 New Yorker bring me trouble again and I don't know the next way to do.

I had an electric problem with the battery.

Before I restore the car, I did not test the alternator and components to laod the battery.

I bought a new alternator and regulator, the starter relay, too.

I drived a few miles to test the car and the battery was after a few days empty.

I tested the alternator and there was no loading to the battery.

After changing the alternator and the regulator, there was the same problem.

I removed the instrument panel to take a look to the bulbs and the electric, the black and the red wire, for loading the battery, were on the same pin at the ammeter. After a correct position and testing all bulbs and contacts I replaced the instrument panel and all the lights, flasher and ammeter works perfect.

I started the engine to test the alternator and I had 13,6 V on the battery, I was very happy ;-)

After 5 minutes, I started the engine to drive around with my wife to by something, but there was a little rattle in the instrument panel. I opened the hood and there was little smoke on the FLD pin ( Alternator regulator)

I stopped the engine suddenly and after turning the key to start the engine again, the completly car is dead.... No lights, flascher or anything, simple dead.

The battery is on 13,2 V and I worked in the New Yorker the battery from my pickup. The same, the car is dead.

All fuses are perfekt, but where I have to start again?

Is there a proplem with the ammeter? An overload by a defect voltage limiter? What's about the kondensator on the voltage limiter? Is this the same like in the distributor?

Where I get an original and tested ammeter with tested voltage limiter and kondensator?

Is there anywhere a master fusion? Or is the problem on the ignition switch?

Please let me know your experience and brain storming.

Regards from Bavaria Germany

Markus

Absolutely gorgeous! Love the look of this car so much, near the top of my list...but don't tell my car I said that!

Hi, I'm back in the forum and all problems with the electrical system are gone and solved.
Wish you all a Merry Christmas from Bavaria and hear you in the next time. Greetings, Markus

Back