Parasitic drain...

Apparently...I did get out my test light, meter, and wiring diagrams, worked for 1 1/2 hours before posting here. Thought someone here may have some insight and direction, just finished dinner, heading back out there, I'll get it eventually...thanks for the advice...
That wasn't directed at you. I saw the post that suggested that and that is what you would do.

I meant that we should wait until you reported back.

That wasn't directed at you. I saw the post that suggested that and that is what you would do.

I meant that we should wait until you reported back.

My bad Stan, I will admit, part of my reply was being a smart*ss, but part of was also acknowledging I was a dumb*ss, I should not have pointed my frustration in your direction, between work, kids, and the car...well, thanks to all for input, it is appreciated.

Update, had trickle charger on car overnight, took car for a spin, noticed the volt meter bouncing between 11-18 volts. Got home and with car idling, I was checking voltage regulator, and it sparked on mounting bolt. Installed 2 new, slightly larger screws to secure regulator, I'm hoping that was the battery issue. Didn't notice voltage variation last night?? I guess I have to eat some more crow on the running/parking light issue. I could have sworn the front would come on with headlights on, but as some stated, not so on these cars. I do know for a fact my 68 Firebirds the lights worked the other way...long term memory good, short term maybe not so much.

I will leave charger off the car overnight, report back. Side note, pretty pumped up, this weekend is the BIG local car show of the year. Looking forward to showing it. I have been to this show many times, very safe to say Mopars are far and few between, especially "old" ones. Very good chance I will have the only pre 1970 one there. Time for a sip or 2 of moonshine, then lights out, Kel

Back