Parking brake bracket

roelb

Reaction score
Hi, I have a bracket missing on my '66 Fury wagon above the rear axle. Can anyone show me a picture of what it should looke like, please. I am sure it has something to do with keeping the R rear parking brake cable in place. All I have is a round rubber bushing around the cable.
Thanks!

thumbnail.jpeg

The rubber bushing is to prevent the cable from rattling against nearby sheetmetal. Is it touching the floorpan there? If so, it's doing its job.

Exhaust bracket only, the cable shouldn’t be near the exhaust.

Usually the cable is held to the axle housing with metal straps bent over to hold the cable. See photo, hydraulic line goes on freak of housing, park cable goes on top of housing.

View attachment 489938

2680A019-3B0B-470C-8295-A88935C3B036.jpeg

Last edited:
Many thanks for the replies. I though that was an exhaust bracket. With my stroker I have added different exhaust set up, hence the bracket not being used.
Trace, the rubber is touching the floor pan, so I am happy
Thanks again for the pic of the brake clip, I actually missed that. Shall clip the cable in now

In looking at your photo again it looks like the brake line is in the top clip for the cable. The line should run on the rear side of the axle housing.

C89E8C46-7D2A-4220-88C6-0BC21FB70F3F.jpeg

Yes, I had a look after your pic and have swapped the brake line and cable around to the correct position . Thanks again

Back