Parking brake on an almost C-Body

There's a 73 monaco SW for sale in Sweden, the price is high ($35k) but if you are interrested maybe one of the swedisch members can help you translate. Looks to be in very good condition with only 3600 miles. Maybe you have seen it before for sale in the US.

http://www.blocket.se/ostergotland/...V__8_pers__Lagmilare_29688785.htm?ca=23_2&w=3

7577113861.jpg

You are right 68-300 but I've been in the race long enough to know I can still get a 20' container moved from Amsterdam to Detroit for less then 2K and some how I just suspect that moving that beast from anywhere in Sweden to Amsterdam iz way less then 35K - 7K-2K=s ?26K, HUUUUUM?

That thing in a 20' container?
You better drive that thing nose in cuz you're gonna be exiting out the tail gate.

Posted via Topify on Android

You are right 68-300 but I've been in the race long enough to know I can still get a 20' container moved from Amsterdam to Detroit for less then 2K and some how I just suspect that moving that beast from anywhere in Sweden to Amsterdam iz way less then 35K - 7K-2K=s ?26K, HUUUUUM?

It's an idiotic high margin...I know.

In Sweden the prices are high, this same car would have been for sale for at least 10k less in The Netherlands or Germany. (I think in the 18k euro range) but still way overpriced.

I see $3000-$4000 c-body 4drs for sale here for over 10000 euro's ($13500)
Dealers over here like the 'cheaper' c-body's because they can get bigger profits, a high priced b-body will never sell here with that kind of a profit and for the customers who would like a MOPAR but cannot afford a pricey b-body a $13500 c-body with a 440 is 'cheap'

I don't think it's fair but that's the way it is here. I've bought my cars in the US myself and got them shipped here, imported them myself and get them registered. When I lost interest in a car I sold it with a normal profit to a fellow enthousiast hoping It would get the same love and attention as it did when I owned it. All my cars sold within a week.

In my opinion average overseas Prices, counting out Sweden, should be accurate Prices for the US. Would help many good/easy restorable cars to survive rather than becoming a cheap donor for the next b-Body Tribute car.

Young'ns need pictures...

255u90o.jpg

I'd forgotten about the "Ole" illustration #19 ......
Note that it is called a "parking brake", as opposed to an "emergency brake". My 61 Fury has NO park position so it manditory that the brake functions. Holding the brake while applying assures the lining won't be ripped of the tiny shoes inside that drum.

I guarantee you'll never use it as an emergency brake more than once! It's not about ripping off those tiny shoes, stopping a car by the driveshaft will shake your teeth loose!

I guarantee you'll never use it as an emergency brake more than once! It's not about ripping off those tiny shoes, stopping a car by the driveshaft will shake your teeth loose!

I've had the opportunity to use the parking brake to stop a car on more than one occasion, and it works well. The key thing to remember is you can't simply yank the handle out, have it lock against the ratchet and expect it to stop the car smoothly and `normally'. Think of it as a brake pedal that you pull instead of push. Keep the handle turned so the ratchet doesn't engage and you can modulate the pressure you exert on the cable and thus on the shoes. It actually works quite well. The primary reason Chrysler discontinued it was simply CO$T. They were quite proud of the whole system when it came out way back when, but by the mid 1950s, there was enormous pressure to "pull the money out" of every car they built. Doing this cost us this parking brake, 6volt wiring, hemi engines and even engines with rocker shafts. In a day and age when shaving the cost of a car by a nickel was big news, the Chrysler people were rejoicing when they did away with rocker shafts. The savings? About $100. Per car. That's a really big pile of nickels.

Back