Parking Brake Pedal Replacement?

Kapt

Reaction score
I have a 60 Dart Pioneer and the pedal for the parking brake won't stay activated. I haven't had a chance to fully inspect it yet, so I don't know if it is repairable or not. Kinda important for a car not equipped with a Park setting in the transmission lol

My question is, should I have to replace it, and I cannot find an original, what will cross over and fit? Anyone done this?

I tried them just before I joined here. Couldn't find anything so I sent him an email. Hopefully I get a reply. Thanks for the link though

it's probably just frozen up. it is a ratcheting mechanism . once you take it out ,some lube and working it back and forth might free it up.

it's probably just frozen up. it is a ratcheting mechanism . once you take it out ,some lube and working it back and forth might free it up.

I was hoping that was the case. Something broke. When you depress the pedal it goes sideways now and won't stay depressed. All the bolts are still there, none fell out that I can see. I thought that was what it was doing when it happened last night but it was dark. I thought it just came loose or something. No such luck

I was hoping that was the case. Something broke. When you depress the pedal it goes sideways now and won't stay depressed. All the bolts are still there, none fell out that I can see. I thought that was what it was doing when it happened last night but it was dark. I thought it just came loose or something. No such luck
Until you get it fixed I’d suggest a set of wheel chocks. Harbor Freight is your friend if you need to buy some. It’s cheap insurance.

In 99.9% of cases such as this you would be right. However, where it's parked right now, both the front and rear tires on the driver side are in a hole. It isn't going anywhere :thumbsup: Thank you though. Good thinking. New pedal assembly ordered. Never changed one before. Gonna be fun I bet. It's only been there about 59 years or so

In 99.9% of cases such as this you would be right. However, where it's parked right now, both the front and rear tires on the driver side are in a hole. It isn't going anywhere :thumbsup: Thank you though. Good thinking. New pedal assembly ordered. Never changed one before. Gonna be fun I bet. It's only been there about 59 years or so
The only way to figure it out is by doing it. Nobody’s born an expert except maybe for Dave...

The wheel chocks are out of habit.

443ADA63-6888-4E36-B450-6313C649832F.jpeg

Parking brake on that sucker is 35 hundred plus labor.

Back