Part # on fan blade?

JimmyRich

Reaction score
Tore up fan & shroud on 66 sport fury 383 car and trying to ‘see what I had’ so could find equal or better replacement. Can’t locate part # on fan blade or clutch.

The only numbers on the fan clutch will be for the individual aluminum castings. In production, they had a 2-letter ink stamp on the metal part of the front of the clutch, whether thermostatic or otherwise. By this point in time, most of the fan clutches now available will be more generic and have the sloted mounting flange rather than the solid flange of the original items.

I suspect that all of the internals of the fan clutches will be the same, now, which makes the shaft length the ONE critical dimension to match. Fortunately, they were the exact same or close-match to many Chevrolet applications, as I recall. Possibly one place where RockAuto catalogs might help?

In general, the fans for the clutch fan vehicles were more diameter-specific as they were usually 7-blade fans. Some might have had blades with a little more or less curve on the outer ends, but they all went in the same place with a very similar outer diameter. Typically, most any B/RB C-body ('65-'73) with factory a/c in a salvage yard should have a fan that will work, I suspect. Fan and fan clutch, IF they are still there. The shroud might be a different story, possibly.

Just some thoughts,
CBODY67

Back