For Sale Parting out '73 New Yorker Bro-Ham 2dr.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Contact seller
First, a list of things that are spoken for.

Front brake system, seats, axle, left fender, bumpers, throttle cable, motor, windshield..

Moving on,

This was a well optioned car, and it's only got 47,000 on it. It was running briefly about three months ago, after it sat under a tree for ten years, and the roof rusted out on it. It was originally silver, with a black top, but at some point got painted blue, and the vinyl changed to white. It's got air con, power windows, rear defroster, cruise, front dash speakers, crack free dash pad, perfect stainless trim, headlight delay, a transmission that works, and more that I can't remember at the moment. The door cards are toast, but the ones by the rear seat may be good. Most of the sheet metal is shot, but the trunk floor, and maybe the front pans are okay. The fuel system worked, the windows are good except for the front driver's side, and I believe all of the electrics in the car work. The window switches are a little.. loose? But my understanding is they also worked. Let me know what you guys are looking for, and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. I take things apart as gently as possible, and I plan on working on this over the rest of the month.
IMG_0753.JPG
IMG_0752.JPG
IMG_0751.JPG
IMG_0745.JPG
IMG_0739.JPG
IMG_0729.JPG
IMG_0728.JPG
IMG_0727.JPG
IMG_0734.JPG

IMG_0732.JPG

Front brake system, seats, axle, left fender, bumpers, throttle cable, motor, windshield..I

Moving on,

This was a well optioned car, and it's only got 47,000 on it. It was running briefly about three months ago, after it sat under a tree for ten years, and the roof rusted out on it. It was originally silver, with a black top, but at some point got painted blue, and the vinyl changed to white. It's got air con, power windows, rear defroster, cruise, front dash speakers, crack free dash pad, perfect stainless trim, headlight delay, a transmission that works, and more that I can't remember at the moment. The door cards are toast, but the ones by the rear seat may be good. Most of the sheet metal is shot, but the trunk floor, and maybe the front pans are okay. The fuel system worked, the windows are good except for the front driver's side, and I believe all of the electrics in the car work. The window switches are a little.. loose? But my understanding is they also worked. Let me know what you guys are looking for, and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. I take things apart as gently as possible, and I plan on working on this over the rest of the month. View attachment 107872 View attachment 107873 View attachment 107875 View attachment 107876 View attachment 107878 View attachment 107879 View attachment 107880 View attachment 107881 View attachment 107882

I have a friend who lives near WV in OH who might be bringing up a load of parts for me. What is the condition of the subframe and price?

I live in Winchester, Va.. and by subframe, I assume you mean the important parts that are structural in front of and under the firewall back to the torsion bars? I have no idea what that's worth, as I've never sold one.. To be fair, when I said the front brakes were accounted for, that does include the necessary suspension parts to convert a drum car.. The rest is fair game. From what I've seen, the rails are solid.. most of the rust damage was in the roof, and trickled down to the places it let water into. If you PM me, I'm sure we can figure it out.. I'm more interested in fair prices than I am sitting on a bunch of parts filling up my basement that nobody wants to pay a bunch of money for.

For all of you, I realize that this isn't an auction, and I hate it when sellers say "what would you give me for it?" But for some of this stuff, I really don't know.. I'd rather see it get used, knowing that nobody will ever repop this stuff. Especially since C-barge stuff is heavy, and expensive to ship. That being said, offering me $5 for the tilt/telescoping column will probably get you laughed at. I'm happy to sell at what we all think the market will bear, or less.. but let's all be reasonable?

Last edited:
Also, I save everything that isn't broken when I break up a car.. bolts, clips, looms, wiring harnesses, the rubber chunks that channel air through the radiator.. let me know what you need..

I am the Indian that uses all of the buffalo.

Tell your friends. If there's something somebody needs, I'll make sure to be extra careful when I get to it.

I've got the entire front clip off, motor and trans are out, all electrical and plumbing components are out of the engine bay, rear bumper is off (trailer was getting a little light at the tongue). Doors have been gutted and removed (driver's door is mint). I start in on the interior next.

Don't be shy, I'm more interested in being compensated for just a little bit of my time than gouging anybody. I'll be happy to send pictures to anybody who's interested

Was a 440 car, but the kick down left with the motor.. I picked this up from my friend who got it running, and then pulled the motor for his Super Bee. To his credit, he was going to make it a driver, and then started poking at the rust. At any rate, I sold my '73 New Yorker four door hardtop on Craigslist with the promise of some body panels from this car, and got it from him. Not that the back story was important, but could be of interest

Poor thing...thanks for offering up parts to keep others rolling.

The entire car has been stripped (almost). Ive got the main wiring harness pulled, fuseblock, firewall connector, relays, solenoids, etc. Vacuum pods from the HVAC, heater core, seats, doors, all electrical motors, switches, etc. All I've really got left to do is pull the gas tank, cut out some sheet metal, get some glass, disconnect the axle, and front subframe and take this thing to a yard so they can pull the body off of the running gear. Nobody needs trim? It's all in excellent shape. Go look at your cars.. You know that thing that annoys you every time you get in it, that nobody reproduces? I might have it. Don't care how small or trivial it is, I'd rather see it get used.

Front brake system, seats, axle, left fender, bumpers, throttle cable, motor, windshield..

Moving on,

This was a well optioned car, and it's only got 47,000 on it. It was running briefly about three months ago, after it sat under a tree for ten years, and the roof rusted out on it. It was originally silver, with a black top, but at some point got painted blue, and the vinyl changed to white. It's got air con, power windows, rear defroster, cruise, front dash speakers, crack free dash pad, perfect stainless trim, headlight delay, a transmission that works, and more that I can't remember at the moment. The door cards are toast, but the ones by the rear seat may be good. Most of the sheet metal is shot, but the trunk floor, and maybe the front pans are okay. The fuel system worked, the windows are good except for the front driver's side, and I believe all of the electrics in the car work. The window switches are a little.. loose? But my understanding is they also worked. Let me know what you guys are looking for, and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. I take things apart as gently as possible, and I plan on working on this over the rest of the month. View attachment 107872 View attachment 107873 View attachment 107875 View attachment 107876 View attachment 107878 View attachment 107879 View attachment 107880 View attachment 107881 View attachment 107882
I was looking at the car then realized the back ground, is that your shop? I have envy, until I remember I don't have the time.

Dude, I wish that was my shop.. I work for the university here building sets for the theatre.. It's our storage warehouse for the furniture and props. I have a stickbuilt carport at my house with a room at the back that I keep my tools in. I slap some sheets of OSB around it in the winter to knock the chill out of it, but it's got a Datsun roadster and a Challenger DOA in there right now. I was a European Sportscar mechanic in a previous life, and still do side work at my house. I've got a mid rise lift in the "garage" but no room for 24 feet of dead New Yorker on a trailer. Anyway, I got smart and shoved the whole rig in the theatre's warehouse to tear it apart.. Beats working "outside" in twenty degree weather..

Bump for this since I found a stubframe closer to home. Figured I'd post some pics so he can still make the most of the organ donor...

IMG950783.jpg

IMG950784_0.jpg

IMG950785.jpg

IMG950786.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back