parting out white 1977 for my black 1977

Letsrock

Reaction score
Question i have is what should i take off this car? What should i leave on it? These cars are hard to get parts for and i need to reduce my formal stock to only one.. i plan to remove the engine and transmission. Already removed the dash pad, rh door inner panels and started removing the exhaust. I plan to remove parts to keep, maybe sell parts to people who need them and maybe scrap the rest. This car needs quarter panels, interior work because of rust and damage . It needs a lot more work than my black 1977 needs so its the one that goes.

Opinions?

Remove all of the good trim bits. Are your window seals any good??? If they are, get those, too. Switches, wiring, lenses, glass, any good interior trim, whatever else looks good and you have storage room for. If your bumpers are bent, the demo guys pay $300 - $500 for a bumper with the reinforcement bar.

Lots of storage space available, i thought about removing the bumpers they actually are in nice shape. Ok looks like the car might resemble a shell by the time im done. Thanks Patrick

Keep the power brake booster....you won't find one anywhere. Only 77 & 78 are interchangeable.

Roof rail seals are not the greatest... I wouldnt call the grille prestine but i think its in decent shape minus pitting ive seen on any ive been around in person.

Back