For Sale Parts fitment question

Status
Not open for further replies.

C Body Bob

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
I have this guy that needs a driver door glass for his 67 Fury 4 door hardtop. I believe he has power windows as well. I have a glass from a 68 Fury 4 door sedan manual windows. I told him I didn’t think it would fit but he wants me to check to be sure. Does anybody know for sure.

I don't believe they're interchangable, at least without some modifications based on the parts books.

1967 Hardtop.

67 Fury 4 door HT front door glass.JPG

1968 Sedan. Notice the at the bottom of this pic, the part number for the 68 hardtop is the same as the 67 hardtop so IMO different part numbers mean not interchangable.

68 Fury 4 door Sedan front door glass.JPG

In general, the issue of power or manual windows is probably not an issue for the glass. I suspect the mounting holes in the bottom will be the same, one way or another. The front run channel retainers and "slide" should be the same too, I suspect. Where the main difference could be is that the sedan glass has it's run channel to slide into. The hardtop glass should have a chrome piece on the rear edge of the glass, where the rear glass weatherstrip touches when the window is rolled up. That chrome piece probably attaches with "glass tape" of a particular thickness . . . a tight "slip-fit" with the rubber compound being the "glue" of sorts.

It's that length differential that will probably be where the size differences are. Not sure how much of a size difference it might be, though.

It also might be that the hardtop glass was sold with the chrome piece already assembled onto it? Get some measurements of the basic glass and go from there. IF the hardtop glass was sold with the chrome item installed upon it, then that would mean a different part number for the as-sold assembly, than for the bare glass the sedan would use.

Check the Hollander Interchange Manual, which many salvage yards use and might have. I believe that their listings might include notes on what modifications might be needed to put certain parts into places the OEM parts books indicate are "different", from what I've heard in the past.

Just some thoughts,
CBODY67

I suspect the mounting holes in the bottom will be the same
CBODY67

They are more like channels. It´s true that the mechanical parts for manual and power windows are the same, which are used to connect the glass itself to the window lift. The manual type has a heavy metal bar, where the crank and chain rings attach. The power type has a lighter bar, to which the needed electric motor is installed to move the chain rings to rise and lower the window glass.

Sedan, and hardtops use completely different windows. He contacted me also. I have the glass he needs from a 67 fury 4 door hardtop... but he didn't like the price. He stated that someone would sell it for 20 bucks. I told him good luck cause it wouldn't fit.

Sedan, and hardtops use completely different windows. He contacted me also. I have the glass he needs from a 67 fury 4 door hardtop... but he didn't like the price. He stated that someone would sell it for 20 bucks. I told him good luck cause it wouldn't fit.
Yep that was me. I told him to get yours but I don’t think he can afford it. He’s a young guy just trying to fix his car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back