Passenger side mirror..

This is a 69 mirror, keep in mind the Fury is different than the Dodge/Chrysler
2020-12-01_001.jpg

Alan

I will check both the Fury and 300 LH mirrors tomorrow. See if one of them matches the aftermarket mirror. Probably not, we’ll see..

@Stargazer — there are two different RHS mirrors for 1969-1970, depending on whether the LHS is remote or not. I contributed to a thread in the topic, as did @Big_John @marty mopar and others.

PS: in addition, the Fury mirrors are different from the Dodge/Chrysler mirror as @MrMoparCHP noted.

Our Fury and 300 mirrors. Different for sure. And neither one seems to look like the aftermarket mirror. Like you guys say..

F239E47C-1775-4F2D-A130-30AF3F63F947.jpeg

0770A8C2-8193-4A7F-B25F-A15C87E75B14.jpeg

this link from the 1st post has this description:

160-RHC Mopar A,B,C-body RH Manual Mirror ?? New reproduction??right hand door mirrors for A-body, B-body and C-body??vehicles. Our triple chrome-plated manual mirror reproductions are made to original factory specifications to ensure a precise fit and authentic look on your Mopar.??The mirror comes with all mounting hardware and gaskets for easy installation. Mopar Plus offers a 30 day return policy on all products.

what the hell is with all the question marks....do they not know what this mirror fits ? (???) ? or what?? huh?

Keep and eye on Ebay there was a 69 70 Plymouth mirror a few months back didn't sell but not cheap. Here's a picture of one on my wagon of it helps for comparison in the future.

20200627_201823.jpg

Searching the internet for passenger side mirrors for 69 C bodies,, I found this;
160-RHC Mopar A,B,C-body RH Manual Mirror

The picture doesn't show if the mirror has the correct shape. Could this be the aftermarket mirror many of us would like to own?
Anyone know this company?
Hard to say. I haven't heard of the company. I do have a RH Passenger mirror, but it is OEM Mopar 1969 part. I would say that this part looks like it is aftermarket production. However, this doesn't mean it would not work if you are looking to get a matching mirror to be installed on the right side of your C-Body.

Call the number and ask them to send additional pictures so that you can confirm a match. Then decide if the price is right.

The mirror is not even close, probably wouldn't even bolt up, doubt it was ever used on a C-body. Is it a right hand mirror, yes. Can it be made to work? unknown.

The C-body remote mirror and matching right mirrors are not reproduced.

Alan

The mirror is not even close, probably wouldn't even bolt up, doubt it was ever used on a C-body. Is it a right hand mirror, yes. Can it be made to work? unknown.

The C-body remote mirror and matching right mirrors are not reproduced.

Alan
Too bad ...

Are those both remote control?

The driver side is remote, the passenger side is manual, but the mirror glass is shrouded like the the driver side. In other words, it looks like it but doesn't work like it.

From the '69 accessory catalog:

1651679868553.png

Here's the '70 accessories catalog. This shows the difference in mirrors. When you look at the '69 or '71 version, the differences aren't clear and the '69 leads you to believe everything fits everything... Which it really doesn't.

1651680262809.png

The right side manual mirror on my '70 300 and it's a matching mirror to my left side remote mirror. This is an accessory mirror, as evidenced by the external screws. A factory installed mirror will have hidden studs with nuts that you can reach from the inside of the door. The accessory mirror (if it's NOS and everything is still in the box- doubtful) will have an insert that you drill 2 holes in the door (gotta be brave LOL) and then put the inserts in. The machine screws for the mirror go into these inserts and squeeze them so they expand and stay in the door.

9GFB8LE.jpg

Last edited:
The driver side is remote, the passenger side is manual, but the mirror glass is shrouded like the the driver side. In other words, it looks like it but doesn't work like it.

From the '69 accessory catalog:

View attachment 529326

Here's the '70 accessories catalog. This shows the difference in mirrors. When you look at the '69 or '71 version, the differences aren't clear and the '69 leads you to believe everything fits everything... Which it really doesn't.

View attachment 529329

The right side manual mirror on my '70 300 and it's a matching mirror to my left side remote mirror. This is an accessory mirror, as evidenced by the external screws. A factory installed mirror will have hidden studs with nuts that you can reach from the inside of the door. The accessory mirror (if it's NOS and everything is still in the box- doubtful) will have an insert that you drill 2 holes in the door (gotta be brave LOL) and then put the inserts in. The machine screws for the mirror go into these inserts and squeeze them so they expand and stay in the door.

9GFB8LE.jpg

A tiny bit late, but thanks John. Totaly missed your answer.. :-(

Back