PB booster check valve

66CrownVert

Reaction score
Does anyone have a source for a PB booster check valve that will fit the stock grommets id? I went to pep boys and they sold me one that had a big grommet and a small one designed to fit inside that one. This must be a put on for a hidden camera show. The weight of the hose attached to the nipple causes the grommets to separate.

I avoid the PEP Boys like the bubonic plague. They completely wasted my time last time I was there. The counter girl (yes) threw up an attitude when I tried to school her on the correct part.

I was in advance auto on labor day. There hub store in San Antonio wasn't helpful ether. I showed them a receipt from pepboys for a cheaper part price for the same part, and that there other local store matched it. They said there not them, and they won't do it!! Well then I don't need to shop with that store anymore.......... It was like trying to bleed water from a rock to get anybody in that store to help, or even ring me out for my purchase.

I used to work at Advance. The correct procedure is to call the Pep Boys store, verify Pep Boys price, and give you Pep Boys price. Can't believe a hub store would pull a stunt like that.

I avoid the PEP Boys like the bubonic plague. They completely wasted my time last time I was there. The counter girl (yes) threw up an attitude when I tried to school her on the correct part.

I also worked at Autozone for a month. The counter people were called red shirts. Their hourly wage was pathetic. They never got scheduled for more than more than 32 hours a week because of Obamacare. None of them made enough money to get by. The senior employee at the store had been there for a year and a half. Everyone else had less time in store. If Pep Boys is like Autozone, I'm surprised everyone doesn't have an attitude.

Rock auto no bad customer service cause you don't talk to anyone, if it a part your not sure of best not to get it from them and big chains are probably no help either

I also worked at Autozone for a month. The counter people were called red shirts. Their hourly wage was pathetic. They never got scheduled for more than more than 32 hours a week because of Obamacare. None of them made enough money to get by. The senior employee at the store had been there for a year and a half. Everyone else had less time in store. If Pep Boys is like Autozone, I'm surprised everyone doesn't have an attitude.
Do not mention that name around me.

I sent an order in to Len Dawsons Deception Pass tonight. Pep Boys part was a joke. It will probably cost me more in gas to return it than it cost me. Thanks for the tip MrMoparCHP. Happy to support a company that supports the hobby.

BTW I have a friend that used to work for one of the huge chains traveling the country doing computer stuff for them. They apparently keep records of how many times a car leaves and the wheels come off because the "technician" didn't put then on or at least tighten them. He said it happens more often than you would believe.
Mr. Badwrench

I found one through Valley Vintage Auto Parts. NOS part # 2530032. Grand total was $24.00. Arrived in two days and works perfectly.

OK now I got the valve but it had three equally spaced notches that stick out about 3/16". It will of course not insert into the grommet. Do I need a specific notched grommet or should I just grind down the notches? Not much to hold it in if I grind them down. I will post a picture tomorrow.
Thanks,
Tom

The help section of the parts store sells grommets if yours tears...... Put a little oil on it and shove'er in there...........

OK now I got the valve but it had three equally spaced notches that stick out about 3/16". It will of course not insert into the grommet. Do I need a specific notched grommet or should I just grind down the notches? Not much to hold it in if I grind them down. I will post a picture tomorrow.
Thanks,
Tom

I have been pushing like crazy but these 'tabs' are not going into thy grommet. I am pushing as hard as I can. I have thought about a loved of pipe ping it in but I don't was to break a $50 piece of plastic. Silk can't figure how to post a picture.

Click on "Go Advanced" then scroll down a little. You'll see "Upload Pictures"

Take a little dish washer detergent and add a little water. Put some on your finger and rub it on the inside of the grommet and on the valve, push it by turning and pushing at the same time.

Back