Pertronix trouble shooting

Pretty sure I followed the advice. And I'm doing this on my own for the first time, no help. I succeeded, and was because of these 5 pages. But the internet is full of people that just gotta have one more negative thing to say so good job being that guy.

Life is short. I'm done responding to this after this post. I can provide a list of all the advice I followed if it'll make you feel better. It was a win overall. Let me enjoy it.

Last edited:
Not hating, but you have to listen to what people are telling you. You have 5 pages of people fixing your problem, and you do something different each time, WTF.
Their are people here way smarter than me. I may disagree with them on opinion things, but when they are explaining something they know about I STFU and LISTEN.
Wow, 5 pages to eliminate points on a stock car.
Watch out Joey the new servers will explode if someone wants to do a engine overhaul.

No need to be a total douche. Hey Joey, maybe someone needs a break.

Sometimes the truth hurts a little.

The truth? The truth is the kid is learning so cut him some slack. It's probably his first classic car so he was probably nervous he was going to break something. We've all been there.

He basically followed everyone's advice on his issue and good on him for sticking with it and finding the root of the problem. It was a good learning experience and confidence builder for him. We need more people in the hobby and comments like yours tend to drive people away. If you don't have anything to contribute to the solution, don't contribute.

The truth? The truth is the kid is learning so cut him some slack. It's probably his first classic car so he was probably nervous he was going to break something. We've all been there.

He basically followed everyone's advice on his issue and good on him for sticking with it and finding the root of the problem. It was a good learning experience and confidence builder for him. We need more people in the hobby and comments like yours tend to drive people away. If you don't have anything to contribute to the solution, don't contribute.
I will not be a dick in the future.
Or maybe I will ignore what others tell me and continue on.

Aggravating when you give good advice and people ignore it, isn't it.

Or maybe I will ignore what others tell me and continue on.

Thanks for the Bart Simpson exercise but my money is on the latter. Some people are just...

Enlighten me on the irony.
Not going to deny that
I am a dick.
Just taking the opportunity to educate a little more
Big John (a very good member at helping and has patience) was out at post 37. Halifax shops was out at 35. If his advice is not good enough to listen to on distributors then what?
My post was at 96.
They bailed before the end of the second page because the OP did not follow their advice and it is frustrating. I stayed out because we have seen this over and over with ignition threads. I happened back by because I thought something interesting may have happened seeing as it is out to 5 pages and threads wander to interesting things from time to time. Turns out it was 2 1/2 pages of I finally got to what they were saying in the first 1 1/2 pages and adjusted my timing.
I'm glad the kids figured it out. Hope he learned something. I also hope that he learned if you don't understand say I don't understand. Sorry to OP for being a dick. Not sorry to have explained why I said what I said. Don't be so sensitive they are just words.
If we all got along perfectly there would be like 3 threads and it would be all hugs and kisses with little traffic with less advertising $ for the boss.

Back