Plastic Insert Resource?

Oh yes!!! these pictures are awesome and tell me all that I need. Especially that first one from the underside of the fender extension. Truly, truly appreciated!

I was able to find some repop clips on ebay (Thank you again @Big_John). Now that Thanksgiving is behind us and the air quality here in Northern CA has gotten back to normal, I plan on getting back into this project. I will post some after pics when the project is done.

Thank you again @MOVE N UP !

Soooo I am finding I have some time on my hands, so I am turning my focus back onto the fender turn signal lights on my '68 300. I am having a real challenge figuring out how to access the area behind the grille where these lights drop down into the fender. I took a spin though the service manual and it looks like my only option is to remove the entire grille... hoping there is an easier option out there? any advice/tips/tricks is GREATLY appreciated. Thx!

Soooo I am finding I have some time on my hands, so I am turning my focus back onto the fender turn signal lights on my '68 300. I am having a real challenge figuring out how to access the area behind the grille where these lights drop down into the fender. I took a spin though the service manual and it looks like my only option is to remove the entire grille... hoping there is an easier option out there? any advice/tips/tricks is GREATLY appreciated. Thx!
Sorry to say they are mostly right.
If some how some way you were able to get a small wrench or ratchet on the front retainer to loosen, you may be able to swing it enough to get the bulb from the bottom side. However it is very likely you will break the pin off.
Soo... your best bet is to remove the grill to access the front stud retainer to remove the assembly.

Sorry to say they are mostly right.

Soo... your best bet is to remove the grill to access the front stud retainer to remove the assembly.

Darn it! I figured that would be the case... but was holding out some hope. Thank you @HWYCRZR for the quick reply!

As a follow-up question, does this mean I then have to disassemble the rotating headlight covers too? I can't quick figure out if that is independent from the grille.

On my Polara they are screwed to the grill. Should be able to leave the headlights alone as well.

On my grill there are 4 nuts on each end and two center support bolts. You will have to take your hood release lever off. (Unless you have an internal one). Unhook your headlight wires and the whole grill should pull out.
May have to remove your washer bottle to get to the LH nuts.
EF056E9C-9D91-4ED8-AC91-9AB6DAF70D74.jpeg

EDEAE129-5C4F-454B-B0F0-9C2C6C3FE16B.jpeg

AB5A82A9-7594-427D-AEFB-76784D46DA5F.jpeg

F7AB6012-F533-4F0E-A745-4FC35DF22653.jpeg

Getting to those nut was not such an easy task for me (fuel injection and electronic ignition parts in the way). But... after removing the fender light housing at the top, I was able to see I could get some access from the bottom of the fender. So I unplugged the wire and disconnected the ground, then taped some twine to the end of the wire (like an electrician's fish tape). Carefully lowered the old light through the opening in the bottom of the fender with this twine in tow. Taped the twine hanging out of the bottom of the fender to the wires of the new lights (thanks again Murray Park), then pulled the twine back and fished the wires through ht hole in the fender extension.

Climbed under the fender and pushed the light up through the fender extension slot. Rested them on the plastic insert, reattached the housing, and Presto! Fender turn signal indicators are up and running.

(regrettably I didn't take any pictures of the process)

Thank you all for your help with this project.

Back