Please help with wheel center cap ID

Old thread, but FWIW:
The AMC caps are also a little larger OD (maybe 1/8"?) and will NOT fit down far enough into a typical stamped Mopar wheel to fasten properly. Meaning, not into a Supercoupe, Mag GT, etc.
My AMC caps seem to fit perfectly into
the road wheel.
IMG_1873.JPG
IMG_1964.JPG

Correct. They will not fit any wheel with the register/bolthole area configured to take the 68-up small hubcap, and also including Mag GT and Supercoupe. This wheels' stamping has a noticeable taper running from the hubcap nibs down to the bolthole area (red area), and the larger AMC cap won't seat the whole way in. Leaves at least a 1/4" gap between the cap and the mtg surface.

I just compared the AMC and early Mopar cap again and in addition to the larger diameter, the boltholes are also staggered outward slightly on the AMC cap. It's as if they scaled it larger and allowed the holes to move also. ???

FWIW, I am making this comparison with a Multi-Style Motor Wheel cap, which appears same as AMC, but perhaps it differs.

Samplingman - see if you see the same difference on your 2 different caps.

upload_2017-7-19_20-1-28.png

The taller domes were used on the 1970 - 73 models for sure, and some say into 1974 as well. The shorter domes were used in 1974 through at least 1978 I believe , all of these being on C bodies. All of the domes in this period used on C bodies were 2 pieces. The missing caps are serrated on the taller, earlier domes and look much like the AMC caps, but are not the same - the caps are a little wider than the AMC built in caps. I don't think the quality of the chrome/metal was much different between the two series of Chrysler caps, and the pitting you see are probably more a function of the environment they have been in rather than the quality of the plating. Just my obversations over time.
I sent you a PM about them.

70-74: were the tall domes with bolt on cap.
75-81: were the shorter dome with the snap on cap. In 75 the urethane wheel was introduced and used extensively on Cordoba...the road wheel dome and cap were redesigned to give a corporate commonality for all Chrysler line cars, and across the corporation since they were also used on Dodges/ Plymouths too.

Back