Plymouth Sport Fury 1970 in France

got mine from same place...yours 7 in?...have same nos caps in boxes...when l bought my set didn't know as much as l do now and suspect rims are 80s due to 7in size and of course these are wrong caps for 70-71 as far as l know and my rings are suspect as well..thinkin he piecemeals up sets to pass off as oem road wheels

gona see how close the 7in match up to oem road wheels and thinkin of putting 2x7in on the back of both fury 3 and GT with 6 in front rims

Wow nice car. Congrats on the purchase.

What is the code for the interior color? Sure looks a lot like H4XP interior color, which is very rare interior color. My old 70 Sport Fury was a FP6 (Frosted teal metallic) exterior, with a white painted roof, and the above mentioned H4XP teal interior. Gorgeous color combo, and very unique!

I would encourage you to leave the interior in the teal color....if in fact it's a true teal interior colored car. ;)

Hi,

your interieur seems to be mostly original. Very nice blue, original bucket seats. I am sure the car came this way. No reason to touch them at all. Just redoe the outside. I guess it was blue, too.

Enjoy

Carsten

...when l bought my set didn't know as much as l do now and suspect rims are 80s due to 7in size and of course these are wrong caps for 70-71 as far as l know and my rings are suspect as well..thinkin he piecemeals up sets to pass off as oem road wheels
They look fabulous regardless.

KGrHqNhcFC80Ilt9BQ1PDldse60_57.jpg

The cone bothers me though...

76-78NYBRoadWheeltn.jpg

I can't recall ever seeing your style cone. Interesting. I wonder what car that cone was used on.
And I don't know if the correct dome would fit on that wheel.

wont be putting cones on...have 7 gear style cones...1 to go then have sets for both furys and will throw the other cones on ebay...don't like them either,,they belong on e bodys their so ugly....then why buy them you ask....didn't know better at the time......
just checked to see if caps will interchange and they don't...that style base shown above is larger...or hole for cap is larger by 1/2 on sides

Good info Critter. The more one knows about these Road Wheels makes one a better C-body guy.

My old 70 Sport fury had the road wheels on it when I bought it....looked very classy.

But I have such a love for steelies with dog dish caps...that it ended up with those.

My old 70 Sport fury had the road wheels on it when I bought it....looked very classy.

But I have such a love for steelies with dog dish caps...that it ended up with those.

Quite a stunner .. like the Plymouth version of Dave's blue car.

I like it better with the steelies but I'm biased that way

also note my sig pic .. very pretty color combo

So please refresh our memory, why did you sell that beauty?

I had finished all the reno's on my old house. So I sold my old 79 Chev pick up and bought the Fury. Then we decided to move...and the new house required new reno's. I tried for a couple years to use the fury for my reno's, and borrow friends trucks when necessary, but it came to point when I realized I needed another pick-up. So the Fury went up for sale...and I bought an 87 Dodge D250 truck.

It was a neat car...loved it! Had great documentation, and history...and a cool option list. I do miss it.

Back