PN help for 70 Sport Fury

70Tom

Reaction score
I'm looking through the parts catalog, and I can't seem to find what I'm looking for. Not sure if anyone knows the answer. I'm looking for the part numbers for the screws that hold down the large stainless piece that affixes to the bottom of the windshield. Mine are fairly rusty and would like to source some new ones.

I also would like the PN for the screws that affix the cowl screen/grille to the body. I'm missing some.

I'm looking in section 23 of the catalog and I just don't see that molding or the cowl screen even listed. Maybe I'm in the wrong section.

I don't know if this still applied in 1970, but for my early 40's car there is a parts catalog for the car and a separate "standard parts catalog" for fasteners common to multiple models. The part numbers for the common fasteners are not listed in the model-specific catalog.

Yeah, I'm not sure. It would seem like that cowl screen is specific to maybe C-bodies only, and they usually list screw and fastener part numbers right after the item.

I think Section 23-61-0 lists the screen screws: 6028307

Unfortunately that PN won't help you much. They were listed for workshop who bought them in bulk. That means that I'm very doubtful you'll find NOS ones. And I'm not sure there's a table between PN and thread size, length, head type ...

You'll have to use trial and error to find the correct screw, using a stock of multi purpose screws.

Back